I Propound new Splash for 0.3 + PSD (2 Viewers)

Elconejo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2005
Belgium
I think those pictures are a bit clumsy. The design of vanessa was more refined.
A smaller logo and the real MP font is nice with a clear picture next to it.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe refine the logo, but don't change it - that image looks like it's from a completely different product (not a good thing!).

My avatar is going on a couple of years old now, all I changed was the spacing between the two verticals and the circle to make it look less clumsy. Obviously need to stick to yellow as well.

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I.M.O. we are treading on thin ice here. Companies spend millions on corporate imaging. MediaPortal obviously doesn't have that luxury but does have the luxury of a wide and talented community to do the work for free. The flip side of that is that it can become uncontrolled.

The identity of MediaPortal is the important thing and shouldn't really be tampered with without permission from the design team. It is probably worth the design team putting in some guidlines and regulations on what's allowed and what's not. Logos and fonts not being tampered with would be the first thing.

If the community thinks that the current identity needs updating, the best method would be via a poll, much like we have just had for the 4:3 skin.

That's my humble opinion as a humble user who has experienced the corporate image change cycle in his work.

:)

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I agree they should be some guide lines like what color it should be. But it’s a simple logo, 2 lines and a circle and this can be easily altered in many ways to still give the general reputation of the media portal logo.

As rigid guide lines go e.g. you mast use Pico font and needed to be 2/3 the size off the logo which has the 2 lines only 1/3 apart are getting to corporate and there is no need for such restrictions as this in an open source product.

There is no harm in people posting there idea for incorporation into future result of the program. If there is no interest in it the post will quickly fall into the archives.

And if the changes are going to implement I have the same opinion as
    dentity needs updating, the best method would be via a poll

:D

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The logo is well known for a long time now and theres really no need to throw it all over.
    But if someone really wanna help on that it would be nice to get it redone by professionals. I remade the hp/forum logo within an hour (and without any deeper fireworks knowledge) some time ago so im pretty sure it can be improved in some details. ;)
    Also we still could need various banners to support MP and maybe a nicer background for the homepage/forum header. If you have ideas on that please post them.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    htpc_for_me has the right idea, if there is going to be some sort of logo redesign, set constraints and field ideas. Even minor changes like adding some light and shadowing can make a difference within while maintaining the established identity of mp.
    logo.gif

Those that aren't good options will fall by the wayside on their own. No more polls tho, let the design team and developers decide. They read the forums, they will take into account the feelings of the general population in their decision making process.

madsrh

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    First of all - don't change the logo design!

I agree that the splash screen isn't up to date. Why don't all graphics developers show what they can offer and we can have a poll (like NorthernJohn suggested).

NorthernJohn:
    If the community thinks that the current identity needs updating, the best method would be via a poll, much like we have just had for the 4:3 skin.

I, just like htpc_for_me, would also like to bid in. Let there be some guidelines pointed out - say, like DON'T CHANGE THE LOGO :shock:

MadsRH

MadsRH(a)Gmail.com

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Vanessa - You are funny. I don't think I've seen someone change their avatar as often as you do. Nothing bad, just kind gave me a chuckle. But then, I've been told I have a strange sense of humor.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread