Icelandic characters comes as rubbish (1 Viewer)

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hi,
    It seems after upgrading to Version 1.4 Moving Pictures, and using the IMDB+ scraper, I get the Icelandic characters as rubbish. Any idea?

Attachments

• imdb.png
      imdb.png
      198.5 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,
    It seems after upgrading to Version 1.4 Moving Pictures, and using the IMDB+ scraper, I get the Icelandic characters as rubbish. Any idea?

Ugh, I hope MovPic v1.4 did not break anything. Will try to recreate the problem on my end, but it might be specific to your PC due to geographical IP location, IMDb+ settings, etc, etc.

If I fail to recreate, you might need to help me with movingpictures.log files in scraper-debug mode, but hopefully I can fix it myself.

pavke

Portal Member
    March 11, 2005
    Leuven, Belgium
    Something similar seems to happen with other languages. I retrieve summaries etc. in the dutch language, but when the text on the moviemeter site contains characters from e.g. balkan languages (e.g. for the movie '4 Months, 3 Weeks And 2 Days') they end up as html-codes. Presumably the same goes for any character with a code > 255 ...Capture.PNG

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi RoChess, any news on this?

Sorry, was unable to reproduce it myself in an easy manner.

Can you please assist me in debugging.

Log files are *HUGE* and asynchrone, so I need you to import a clean *SINGLE* movie.

So follow the next steps please:
    1. Open Moving-Pictures configuration
    2. Locate one of the movies that clearly is giving you issues.
    3. Use Windows Explorer to 'move' that mediafile outside of MovPic import folder range, so move it from for example D:\Movies\Filename.mkv to D:\
    4. Verify the movie got removed inside MovPic config (takes a few secs tops)
    5. Enable scraper-debug mode, explanation at: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper
    6. Leave MovPic config open and navigate to the LOG folder with Windows Explorer and delete the movingpictures.log file.
    7. Wait a few seconds and hit F5 to refresh Windows Explorer, if you see movingpictures.log be created again then delete and wait some more. Repeat until after 5-10 secs movingpictures.log does not get created anymore (this gives me a perfect clean log file containing just the problem).
    8. Now move the mediafile back to MovPic import folder, so move it form for example D:\ back to D:\Movies\
    9. Wait till MovPic gets it (MovPic config Importer Tab should show you a green circle soon that search-node found a match and then a white checkmark)
    10. At that point the log file already contains all I need. So close MovPic config, ZIP up just movingpictures.log file and attach it in here.
    Then I will at least be able to see exactly what is going on and work on a solution.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Thanks, will do it as soon I will be home. The work is interrupting my MP life.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hope this can help you RoChess.

Attachments

• movingpictures.rar
      210.5 KB

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I will upgrade tonight and see if it resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread