Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    The current online logo DB will be cleared again. If you want to add an logo now, you are free to do so -> the current state is so we can test everything, find bugs and missing features or wrong implementations/database models.
    It is also not supposed to be full done and working, I published the current Work In Progress state.
    i know offbyone ... was for test only. and try to test the importer function ...

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I do not want to rush ahead and therefore ask again: should I upload new Logos the old way (LogoMapping.xml) or with the new website? I have a major update of the switzerland package.
    MP1 - LogoMapping.xml for now until new db will be fully tested since MP1 doesn't support new website
    MP2 - only new DB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just installed an interim snapshot on my HTPC and tried the new LogoManager based SlimTv.Resources plugin. It's damn great, so simple but powerful :D

How we are proceding with the other repositories, when do we migrate the contents to new repo? It would be good to have not only the German but also others available when I release 10AE_Update2 test build.

It will improve the MP2 experience even further :)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Where do I get the Logo's and what size do they need to be?
    I think I figured out that the Naming requirement on the Web Page needs to match what the EPG / Schedules Direct name for the channel needs to be.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Open Questions for Discussion from my side are:

How do we use the Provider that I now import for an Alias?
    How do the final Webservice methods look like? (plus: do they take the provider info as param now?)
    Do we allow more than one logo per channel? (one aspect ratio wide, one square,...)
    How does conflict resolution work? (With only the German channels there's probaly no conflicts, but once we imported all, and you call the service without a matching region...you'll get multiple results)

I'll update the Website again later, with the Provider-Importing and will then try to import all mapping files that were linked earlier. I'll add a new page where you can then query for an logo by Alias and it will show all results, so we can think about how to handle that.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Also you should ask guys who maintained differen repos if they like logos uploading process and if they have suggestions how to make it more comfortable for them since all this stuff is useless without such enthusiasts. ;)
    @vuego @bribbon @Lbr_Lion @Jasmeet_181 are some of them

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do we use the Provider that I now import for an Alias?
    For my understanding it is more used for "administrative" work and is not so important on client side. So I wouldn't consider it in "fetching" API calls directly.

Do we allow more than one logo per channel? (one aspect ratio wide, one square,...)
    Good question, I have no clear answer: even if I currently don't need more than the simple logo, I cannot say we won't need it in future. So maybe postpone a decision for this to later point (also existing repos only have one logo per channel).

How does conflict resolution work? (With only the German channels there's probaly no conflicts, but once we imported all, and you call the service without a matching region...you'll get multiple results)
    This remembers me to extend the client downloader to pass the proper region of MP2 to the API. What to return without region? If nothing better, FirstOrDefault().

I'll update the Website again later, with the Provider-Importing and will then try to import all mapping files that were linked earlier. I'll add a new page where you can then query for an logo by Alias and it will show all results, so we can think about how to handle that.
    (y)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011