rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: Ideas for Music Section 1.3 - Music Views with "or"-join

Hello,

the music views-configuration is user-friendly and it is easy to built my own views. But I think, that I have a good idea for the next music section. It should be possible to built a view with "or"-joins. For example a music-view which includes the music from the genre "Pop" and "R&B" and "Soul". Or a music-view with the music from the genre "Indie" and "Alternative" and so on. The benefit is, that the music view-configuration is able to replace the smart playlists!

A good idea?

+1

P.S.
    I just came across this open source plugin for Windows 7 Media Center. I haven't tried it, but based on the description it would cover some of the wishes expressed here for coordinated music and slideshow playlists. Maybe some of the code could be cribbed for MP.

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry won't be in 1.3.

Plan is to rewrite the player code so that ASIO works and WASAPI is supported. Then add things like replay gain and some of the id3 2.4 tags.

The two of us working on music are both really busy at work at the minute so I can't commit to more than this at the minute

Hi,

Please also consider this problem during the re-write; https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/bass-player-does-not-reinitialize-sound-device-103717/

Looking forward to WASAPI:D

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Would it be possible to have the option to "sort by" album artist. For example I want to list my music by albums, then by ALBUMartist so that all the various artists albums are grouped together when browsing albums. See attached screenshot for where I would like the option. I think this might be an easy thing to include but I cannot see how/where to add this using MP configuration music views/track format mask screens.....

Also an option that once the albums are sorted by album, then by album artist, to have them arrange in album name order. Eg if you have several various artist albums that they are sorted by album name so that all Now that's what i call music albums are together and also in numerical order - now 48 d1, now 48 d2, now 49 disc 1, now 49 disc 2 etc.

Cheers,
    Colin

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      86.8 KB
    Last edited:

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Probably already in the list of ideas but as I'm a bit lazy I don't want to read the 16 pages ;-)

* Adding a smart playlist generator like into xbmc where you could apply filters to generate autoplaylist

Forget me if already in the list...

Just a question : Is the song rating store into the IDTag or the database? Using rating filter into a smart list generator should be a great way to generate a "favorites songs playlist". But if I spend my time to tag songs into MP and then I loss my database or switch to another system, are all the ratings lost? Thanks for your lights!

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

i got two small enhancement/ feature request...

1. when playing music and pressing the "replay" button on my harmony (mapped to "previous track") the previous track from the playlist will be played but i think it would be better, if you have to press the button "repeat/previous track" twice to play the last file again. When pressing the repeat button once, the actual played song should start from beginning. For me this is the normal behavior from the MP3/ CD Players i know. Maybe that should be adjustable (only turn on/off).
    Or is this possible with the current Version of the music part? Maybe an other remote mapping or something?

2. At the moment i have some problems with plugins that uses the repeat/skip and forward/backward buttons. The problem is, that a plugin cant "override" the function of these buttons. For example... The Clickfinder Program Guide uses these Buttons to switch between pages and if i am playing music in the background and want to navigate trough the different pages (with skip/replay) the music track will change also. Other plugins (browsetheweb!?) wich use these buttons should have the same problems.
    Is it possible to add something for the plugin developers to override the button functions inside their plugins if the need to?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi legnod

It should be possible to setup MP's Remote Config so that the repeat/forward buttons only do the change music track functions in certain screens (i.e Music and Now Playing) but perhaps it depends on which particular remote you use. I've used the Hauppauge one and now the MessagePlugin with EventGhost and I can do it with both of those.

Last edited:

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Probably already in the list of ideas but as I'm a bit lazy I don't want to read the 16 pages ;-)

* Adding a smart playlist generator like into xbmc where you could apply filters to generate autoplaylist

Forget me if already in the list...

Just a question : Is the song rating store into the IDTag or the database? Using rating filter into a smart list generator should be a great way to generate a "favorites songs playlist". But if I spend my time to tag songs into MP and then I loss my database or switch to another system, are all the ratings lost? Thanks for your lights!

By searching a bit into the whole site, I've found that something similar already exist into the plugins : The smartplaylist plugin : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/smartplaylists-1-1-4-6.44278/page-12

I think that integrating this plugin into MyMusic src code with a nice interface (like xbmc) to apply parameters and filter directly into the MP interface and not into a xml file should be a great thing!

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @doveman yes i know and i tried that inside the mpcontrolplugin from IRSS but this behaviour is always the same...the action i defined
    for the specific screen will be executed normally but in addition the "standard" function as explained above will executed too.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    @doveman yes i know and i tried that inside the mpcontrolplugin from IRSS but this behaviour is always the same...the action i defined
    for the specific screen will be executed normally but in addition the "standard" function as explained above will executed too.

Do you have an MCE remote? I wonder if perhaps Windows is still seeing the standard MCE buttons and sending them, as well as MP sending it's own. I recall there's a way to disable Windows from doing this but I'm afraid I can't tell you the specifics.

chikenoriental

April 23, 2012
    Home Country
    That is very likely true, i think there is an option in Mediaportal configuration to disable the wmc services including, maybe check that ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread