Not open for further replies.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody I had some ideas concerning the usability of music playlist inside mediaportal
    which you can see here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/its-the-playlist.110203/
    and have been notified of this thread here.
    But since I haven't read anything about testing a new music section for mp 1.3
    I am a little bit afraid that the rework of the music section isn't really current, is it?

Cheers,

Rico

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just a question : Is the song rating store into the IDTag or the database? Using rating filter into a smart list generator should be a great way to generate a "favorites songs playlist". But if I spend my time to tag songs into MP and then I loss my database or switch to another system, are all the ratings lost? Thanks for your lights!

The song rating is only stored in the MP database, it is not stored in the ID3Tag.

However there is a process plugin that will watch the MP music database and copy the rating from the database and store them in the ID3Tags.

The plugin is called "musicratingupdater" and it can be found in this thread
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-for-track-rating-and-store-in-id3tags.60772/

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Is here anyone who knows where itunes saves the ratings in a id2 v2.3 tag?
    I can't get them work in MePo.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if MP can't read the ratings then you can get a program that converts itunes ratings into windows media player compatible ratings, and then MP should definitely be able to read the ratings (bc it is WMP compatible)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Ok, I use itunes a long time ago as first program to organize my tags.
    The second program is MP3tag. with that i delete all others tag version. Only the version ID3 v2.3 is actually saved in the songs.
    I tried popularmeter and WMP rating, but it doesn't work..

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, I use itunes a long time ago as first program to organize my tags.
    The second program is MP3tag. with that i delete all others tag version. Only the version ID3 v2.3 is actually saved in the songs.
    I tried popularmeter and WMP rating, but it doesn't work..

It will work under the following condidtions:

ID3 V2 POPM frame with "MediaPortal" or "MPTagThat" or "Windows Media Player 9 Series" as the ID of the POPM Frame.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread