IMDB search without certain words? (1 Viewer)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello. It would be nice if you could make a list of words not included in IMDB lookups.
My list would include: vcd, xvid, dvdrip, divx, dvdscr, swesub, swedish... You get the picture.

/Niclas

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

MP already excludes a big list of words:
    divx
    xvid
    dvd
    svcd
    mvcd
    vcd
    cd
    ac3
    ogg
    ogm
    internal
    fragment
    proper
    limited
    rerip

Also everything in brackets () [] is excluded in the search.

Flip.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Let me suggest the addition of more words:

hdtv
    ws
    pdtv
    lol
    tcm
    Mint
    hrhd
    ctu
    dsr
    loki
    fqm
    dsrip
    fov
    fanta
    tvl
    tvrip
    repack
    vfua
    omicron
    ger
    swe

also, I dont think it does this right now, but it would be good if . and _ and - could be replaced with spaces i think, so for instance

Title.3x14.ws.pdtv-lol.avi would turn out as

Title 3x14

:)
    Should be a quick fix, additionially you might want to make the words to strip read in via a user configurable file, simple text file or something where every line is a word

Thnx

mozvip

Portal Member
    September 23, 2004
    If you search imdb.com, you will find that omicron is actually a movie!

Anyway, this list should be editable, because french user will want to ban 'french', swedish user 'swed*'... And not hardcoded!

And it's probably just easier to rename your movies, if you encoded yourself (you must have the original DVD somewhere no ?) why did you give your files such crazy filenames ???

:wink:

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    mozvip said:
    And it's probably just easier to rename your movies, if you encoded yourself (you must have the original DVD somewhere no ?) why did you give your files such crazy filenames ???

:wink:

:wink: your right of course, but I find that my friends always have their movies in such crazy names, so just "to be cool" I like to name my dvd rips in the same weird fashion.

I agree about the hardcoded thing, if its a user list no need for the devs to worry about this
    :)

mozvip

Portal Member
    September 23, 2004
    FlipGer said:
    MP already excludes a big list of words:

svcd
    mvcd
    vcd
    cd

aren't svcd, mvcd and vcd already excluded by 'cd' ?

is this list hardcoded in the mediaportal source ?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

yes they are hardcoded. And no, 'cd' does not implement svcd, vcd, etc. Everything after a keyword is removed. So removal of 'cd' from 'svcd' would lead to 'sv'.
    Making a external list is a nice idea. Do not know, if one of the coders can implement it.
    And yes to above '_' and '.' are already replaced with empty spaces. Easiest way i think would be: Put everything what is not for the name in brackets '(' or '['.

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread