[solved] iMON MiniDisplay for MP2 (3 Viewers)

MP2 user 2000

Portal Pro
November 27, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
I use mediaportal 2, but i cant use my Imon VFD Display. If I Use Imon Pad Remote with IR server suite, I must deaktived my display. Do you have a solution

MP2 user 2000

Portal Pro
November 27, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
what is your opinion. MP1.16 with all configuratuin about Displays or MP2 without Display. Is the quality with players from MP1 and MP2 the same

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the quality with players from MP1 and MP2 the same
    If you want to watch TV you won't notice a difference.

If you have multiple clients, you may find that MP2 is better suiting your needs due to its superio0r database concept. If, however, you run a single-seat there is no killer feature that would prompt to abandon MP1 in favor of MP2.

MP2 user 2000

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot.
    If the player for TV and Movies are the same to MP2, I think I use mediaportal 1, because I want use my displaypanel from my PC case. Hopefully in MP2.1 is the minidisplay implemented.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

MP2 user 2000

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I buy I now remote, because the old Imon Pad is diffect.
    So I hve now a MCE remote.
    Can I use MCe with Imon Display, wihtout configuration in MP2.1

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I buy I now remote, because the old Imon Pad is diffect.
    So I hve now a MCE remote.
    Can I use MCe with Imon Display, wihtout configuration in MP2.1

Not if you are still using the iMON receiver the IR remote is not talking directly to MP. The receiver does that.

MP2 user 2000

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You mean, I cant use Imon Display in combination with MCE remote and MP

Users who are viewing this thread