Import problem for "Videodrome" (1 Viewer)

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
tt0086541

grabs the Canada title of Zonekiller.

I am US with use english titles set.

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
Import problem for "Zazie dans le métro"

tt0054494

should it use Zazie in the Subway International (informal literal title) (English title) ?

it uses the foreign name instead.

Thanks in advance for reading this :)

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
Import problem for "Kiki's Delivery Service"

tt0097814

Majo no takkyûbin (original title)

comes through as Witch's Special Express Delivery instead of Kiki's Delivery Service

Kiki's Delivery Service Australia (imdb display title) / International (imdb display title) (English title) / UK / USA
Witch's Special Express Delivery International (literal title) (English title)

so i'm thinking that International (imdb display title) (English title) / UK / USA should be preferred over International (literal title) (English title)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Import problem for "Kiki's Delivery Service"

tt0086541 = grabs the Canada title of Zonekiller.
    tt0054494 = should it use Zazie in the Subway
    tt0097814 = comes through as Witch's Special Express Delivery instead of Kiki's Delivery Service

Ok, I imported them myself with US settings and I get:

IMDb+.Forum.Import.Problem.01.png

So "Zonekiller" works fine for me, the "Zazie" one actually has a top "USA (imdb display title)" entry with that name, so that gets used first and "Kiki's" works fine for me as well as you can see (I do have the original title appended at the end option enabled as you can see)

Since I'm unable to reproduce, I would need to see what exactly is happening on your system. So please enable scraper-debug mode inside the MovPic importer. Clear out your log files, then import "Videodrome" movie, ZIP up the movingpictures.log file, clear out your log files, and then rinse and repeat for "Kiki's" movies. I need each movie in their own ZIP file by themselves, because scraper-debug enabled log files are 1 to 2MB of extensive info and I do not want to deal with the movies mixed in with eachoter in asynchrone order.

As far as "Zazie" goes, this is perfect example of why there is the (Custom) rename database system, because one user wants the "Zazie dans le métro" USA title used, and another US person wants "Zazie in the Subway".

So simply use:

<rename id="tt0054494" title="Zazie in the Subway" />​

and then refresh the movie.

Nevermind, that one belongs in default rename database, so will add it in there.

But the other two movies look to be caused by something else as they should have imported like they did for me, so I'd like to find out why it failed to do so for you.

:D

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    Videodrome was using an older imdb xml and i chose in the MP gui to switch it to IMDb+, so maybe that did it? a fresh import works, but a conversion breaks it?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Videodrome was using an older imdb xml and i chose in the MP gui to switch it to IMDb+, so maybe that did it? a fresh import works, but a conversion breaks it?

Perhaps when you initially imported that movie you did not have IMDb+ installed yet (there is a race condition during initial setup that we are still trying to solve, because MovingPictures tends to put the default imdb.com scraper-script back into primary position)

But as you found out the "Force IMDb+" allows you to fix that afterwards.

Curious as to what exactly happened, but we have fixed a few things already, so you would first need to be able to reproduce it consintently (that has been a major problem before, it happens random a lot of times as well), because that is the first step to fixing it.

Users who are viewing this thread