Include both TV and Radio channels together in the guide (1 Viewer)

Nikki Locke

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 2, 2019
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    It would be nice if both TV and Radio channels could both appear in the guide at the same time, like Windows media Centre does.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The underlying software platform (TVE 3.0) is treating TV and Radio channels separately. It is therefore not possible to add both TV and Radio channels to the same group.

The only way is to create separate groups for TV and Radio and switch between them.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    It would be nice if both TV and Radio channels could both appear in the guide at the same time, like Windows media Centre does.
    There isn't a single right answer to this. Some people prefer a single EPG containing both TV and radio (e.g. WMC users), while other users prefer separate TV and radio guides, with a button on the remote control to switch between them (e.g. my two Humax DVRs, my Humax STB, and MediaPortal).

If you decided to add support for combining TV and radio into a single guide, you ought also to add support for a configuration setting so that the user could choose which style of guide he preferred.

I prefer the way that MP currently does things, as I can scroll beyond the end of the TV guide and wrap around to the beginning of the TV guide, without having to scroll through the radio guide.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread