Include both TV and Radio channels together in the guide (1 Viewer)

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
February 2, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
It would be nice if both TV and Radio channels could both appear in the guide at the same time, like Windows media Centre does.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The underlying software platform (TVE 3.0) is treating TV and Radio channels separately. It is therefore not possible to add both TV and Radio channels to the same group.

The only way is to create separate groups for TV and Radio and switch between them.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    It would be nice if both TV and Radio channels could both appear in the guide at the same time, like Windows media Centre does.
    There isn't a single right answer to this. Some people prefer a single EPG containing both TV and radio (e.g. WMC users), while other users prefer separate TV and radio guides, with a button on the remote control to switch between them (e.g. my two Humax DVRs, my Humax STB, and MediaPortal).

If you decided to add support for combining TV and radio into a single guide, you ought also to add support for a configuration setting so that the user could choose which style of guide he preferred.

I prefer the way that MP currently does things, as I can scroll beyond the end of the TV guide and wrap around to the beginning of the TV guide, without having to scroll through the radio guide.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm using Mediaportal 1.22 TV Server in combination with Kodi. I'm able to add TV channels and grab EPG using mc2xml.exe...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.25.0 All Cards Busy DE
    If you use the search facility of this web site and search for "all cards busy", you will find numerous threads relating to this problem (so there is probably more than one cause). Your symptoms (one tuner working, others not working for simultaneous use) suggest that you have setup only one tuner (so TV Server can use only one...
    If you use the search facility of this web site and search for "all cards busy", you will find numerous threads relating to this...
    I have two video cards both capable of recording two tv channels However if I try to record a program and watch another station...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 tuning problem DE
    Hi I have been using tvserver for years and have had this problem for a long time. I use version 1.26 I use a skystar 2 and I use both mediaportal with tvserver and progdvb and the problem is that there are several channels mediaportal that does not tune me even doing a manual search with the data that the channel's progdvb gives me...
    Hi I have been using tvserver for years and have had this problem for a long time. I use version 1.26 I use a skystar 2 and I use...
    Hi I have been using tvserver for years and have had this problem for a long time. I use version 1.26 I use a skystar 2 and I use...
    Replies
    Views
    The broadcast EPG for DVB-T in the UK has the capability to flag programmes that are interrupted partway through (e.g. by a short news bulletin), and DVRs with appropriate code can use this information to record both parts when you schedule the first part to record. I had always assumed that this capability was not implemented in "TV...
    The broadcast EPG for DVB-T in the UK has the capability to flag programmes that are interrupted partway through (e.g. by a short...
    The broadcast EPG for DVB-T in the UK has the capability to flag programmes that are interrupted partway through (e.g. by a short...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom