Include both TV and Radio channels together in the guide (1 Viewer)

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
February 2, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It would be nice if both TV and Radio channels could both appear in the guide at the same time, like Windows media Centre does.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The underlying software platform (TVE 3.0) is treating TV and Radio channels separately. It is therefore not possible to add both TV and Radio channels to the same group.

The only way is to create separate groups for TV and Radio and switch between them.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It would be nice if both TV and Radio channels could both appear in the guide at the same time, like Windows media Centre does.
    There isn't a single right answer to this. Some people prefer a single EPG containing both TV and radio (e.g. WMC users), while other users prefer separate TV and radio guides, with a button on the remote control to switch between them (e.g. my two Humax DVRs, my Humax STB, and MediaPortal).

If you decided to add support for combining TV and radio into a single guide, you ought also to add support for a configuration setting so that the user could choose which style of guide he preferred.

I prefer the way that MP currently does things, as I can scroll beyond the end of the TV guide and wrap around to the beginning of the TV guide, without having to scroll through the radio guide.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
    Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
    Replies
    Views
    Strange ...
    Strange ...
    Updated MP client from 1.29 to 1.32. Kept Titan skin same as previously; very standard no Extended etc (afaik). The TV menu item...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
    I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom