initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

antonehenry

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Someway I was able to get TV working a few days ago by installing the new stuff you uploaded, Garry. But after a couple days it just goes back to this in my log

2008-10-02 17:47:35.183385 [9]: subch:0 wait for pmt:100
2008-10-02 17:47:35.203385 [9]: subch:0 wait for pmt:100
2008-10-02 17:47:35.223385 [9]: subch:0 wait for pmt:100
2008-10-02 17:47:35.243385 [9]: subch:0 wait for pmt:100

It's like it gets frozen waiting to catch video... And just never does. I have to use task manager to end the process. I just find it extremely odd that a couple of days ago I was actually getting video/audio with zero problems. I could turn it on and off.

Are there any services I should be monitoring that I haven't already thought of that might be trying to use the HDPVR while MP is? Cause that's about all I can think of. I can get video in TME though, when I stop TV Service of course.

This is just very frustrating. =[

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Support for the HD-PVR not in SVN since I'm not an official MP developer and don't have permission to commit code. I have been told that my code will be added once the development team is out of bug fixing mode.

Garry,
    Any luck finding the issue with dual tuners?

:D

Malingo

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My old PVR-250 definitely still gives me a better and more reliable picutre than the HD PVR - has anyone else compared the two? (I'm capturing on the HD PVR at 13Mbps from Component source - compared to s-video on the PVR-250.)

Maybe my source isn't high enough quality to be able to show the difference (it's a 720x576 source) - any thoughts?

Maybe the electronic in the HD PVR for Composite and S-Video input is not as good as in the 250, as they are putting the focus more on the component input.
    To make a fair comparison, you should also try the HD PVR on the S-Video input, as that in general will give better quality than composite.
    Edit: Well, I was pretty stupid here, you said component input, not composite. So my posting is pretty useless. :sorry:

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Garry,
    Would it be possible to get a build with the latest SVN?

Thanks

I would, but that can't be done right now, read this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/website-forum-wiki-feedback-58/what-happened-svn-48076/.

Thanks for the information Garry. Thats cool, I guess I am eager to test to get the dual tuners working. The WAF is very high for MediaPortal except for not being able to watch another show when one is recording. Would it help if I mailed you my second tuner as loaner to do more testing on your end? If so PM me and I would be happy to oblidge.

Wile E...

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Garry,

Thanks

I would, but that can't be done right now, read this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/website-forum-wiki-feedback-58/what-happened-svn-48076/.

Thanks for the information Garry. Thats cool, I guess I am eager to test to get the dual tuners working. The WAF is very high for MediaPortal except for not being able to watch another show when one is recording. Would it help if I mailed you my second tuner as loaner to do more testing on your end? If so PM me and I would be happy to oblidge.

Wile E...

Once I can build from SVN again I'll give it another shot. If that doesn't work maybe you can set me up with remote access to a machine, that would probably be easier than mailing it to me and back.

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Garry,

Thanks

SVN is back, here is a build with today's source and my HD-PVR support. Please let me know if multiple tuners work now. Thanks.

(links removed, see first post in this thread)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Garry,
    After playing with it last night I have found only two small things....

1. After restarting the TV Service (e.g. reboot, etc...), if I tune a channel on one set and I tune the second computer to a different channel, it will stop the tuner on the first. But it only happens the first time I use both tuners. After that it works great. I have tuned all four computers (two at a time) to various channels and it works perfect. So no show stopper there.....

2. I left two computers running all night and sometime in the middle of the night they both froze. Normally when the picture freezes I have to kill the MediaPortal process and restart, but this time I was able to go the home menu, hit the stop button and tune to another channel without leaving MP. So again, no show stopper there either..... (Now that I think about it, I think I had a recording scheduled around 11:00PM. With both tuners in use it may have not had one available and got confused?)

I was in a rush to get to work this morning, so I will post my server logs tonight if you want to investigate more.

:D again Garry. You have made MP the complete solution for our house....

Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom