initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yes, please stop the tv service, delete the logs, start the service, reproduce the problem, then send me the logs.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Yes, please stop the tv service, delete the logs, start the service, reproduce the problem, then send me the logs.

Garry,
    I tried several times last night to replicate the first issue (see my earlier post), but everytime I stopped and started the service both tuners started just fine. I'm no too concerned about this...even when it did happen it was just the first time both tuners were accessed.

The second issue with it stopping in the middle of the night I believe was due to a scheduled recording & both tuners in use. I will schedule a recording tonight and have both tuners in use and if the problem re-occurs I will send you the logs.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Well damn,
    I cannot recreate either scenario that I described in my earlier post. I will continue to monitor, but as of today everything is working absolutely fantastic. This is by far the most stable system I have had....

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Agreed... I tried several different HD solutions, starting off with an HP cable card machine (BIG joke), Sage, GBPVR and now MP. A few years ago I tried ATSC and while some channels come in great, I couldnt get NBC which was the most important to our household.

I have been waiting for Directv to release the HD20 (VMC Cablecard equivalent), and always thought I would eventually go back to VMC... But with all the features of MP (DVD & Blu-ray Streaming, iTunes integration, Skins galore, etc..) and your addition to the HD-PVR community I have not been more pleased and the WAF is through the roof!

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Yea, my ATSC stuff (HVR-1600 & HVR-1800) becomes unstable sometimes for no apparent reason, may be reception issues. I'm ready to dump it and get another HD-PVR since the one I already have works so well.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Got my HD PVR yesterday. A huge improvement over my ATI and Haupauge cards.

Can't get the blaster working. I've tried the Haupauge blaster from within MP but it doesn't seem to work even though the blaster configuration software that came with the HD PVR changed channels on my sat. receiver perfectly. I also tried IR Server Suite but couldn't get it to blast either.

Anyone got the blaster working?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks ... Dale

PS: Thanks so much for all the work put into getting the HD VPR working in MP.

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    I've never tried the blaster since I change channels on my STBs via rs232. Do the blasters for other hauppuage cards work from TV server? If so, maybe I can take a look and try to make the HD PVR blaster work.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Garry:

I've had both an ATI capture card and the Hauppuage 150MCE working with previous versions of MP .... 2.3 and earlier. I had to use MCE IR Replacement to get the blaster working for both video capture cards, but once setup, it worked perfectly. The same developer 'and-81' now has IR Server Suite which should work with the latest versions of MP. I've asked for assistance to get it working, but no responce so far. Seems there are a number of people who are having similar problems to mine.

I've tried the Hauppauge blaster plugin in MP but that doesn't work with either the 150MCE or the HD PVR.

The blaster on the HD PVR works from the configuration program which comes with it, so I know the computer can control the blaster on the HD PVR.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Dale

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Garry,
    Im guessing we shouldnt test the new RC4 with the latest HD-PVR dll's? Will they work correctly?

Thanks!
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom