initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (2 Viewers)

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
December 27, 2010
ok - will do. I had mentioned that my TV was smooth and nice and that recently it became jerky... and sticks on occation. This I've decided was due to the recent install of codecs that someone on here suggested to allow all my home videos to play. (they no do!) but apparently, this has changed the TV stream. I don't recall what I had set before. But at the bottom of the left menu in MP config there is a option

Additional 3rd party checks.

when I clicked this before, I was presented with a test it seemed, and I was then presented with BIT RATE options.

Now since I've installed the new codec pack, and can play my videos, it seems to have messed up TV signal... I no longer have that option under 3rd party checks.
My only options now under 3rd party checks are "re-enable - media center services" and "MP tray - auto start mptray".

My options for bitrate and quality are gone. Do you know how I'd bring them back so that I could restore my tv stream?

This is after installed SAF (Codec pack) my tv stream isn't stable any more. I've played with it some, and got it a little better, but this is what happens.

Watching tv - (camera changes) then after 1 or 2 seconds, it throws an old frame in from the previous camera view. Then continues back to normal. So I keep getting 1 frame kickbacks in time. Weird - Before SAF install TV stream was excellent (but I couldn't play my HD videos).

Arcsoft doesn't do this (plays fine in arcsoft capture)
Arcsoft settings 1920x1080
encoding bit rate: 13.5mb
Audio: dolby digital (AC3) 2 channels

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
December 27, 2010
Trying test build 1.4.2.3158 noticed command line tools and checked to install them. Will advise if I run into problems.

hmm since doing this (I lost my IR control) and when I run MP server conf.
I use to click on TV3 blaster plugin - to configure it. Now when I do, it doesn't open, I get a pop up error that says Failed to start local comms. IR functions temporarily disabled.

(re-install the tv3 plugin?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Trying test build 1.4.2.3158 noticed command line tools and checked to install them. Will advise if I run into problems.

hmm since doing this (I lost my IR control) and when I run MP server conf.
    I use to click on TV3 blaster plugin - to configure it. Now when I do, it doesn't open, I get a pop up error that says Failed to start local comms. IR functions temporarily disabled.

(re-install the tv3 plugin?

What version of MP are you running? If you are running 1.1.2, try the attached version...

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010
    WileE...

I'm running MP1.1.0.0 but that seemed to have fixed it. I could run IRblast on the command line.
    But not in MP. TV3 didn't display (plugin).
    Now it does.

I copied the dish301 IR codes into my "IR commands" codes dir...

C:\Program files\IR Server Suite>irblast -host SILVER 1.IR 8.IR 6.IR changes to chan 186.

command line IRblast still works - going in to try in MP. brb.

YEP back again - whew thanks your a life saver! (all these versions is the hardest part of setting up MP).

Anyway I have SAF500 unlocked installed. My picture appears much more stable.
    I tried most of my videos and all seemed to work (but were jerky) (home HD movies) and my MTS2 format vids froze MP.

The other thing that bothers me is I can't seem to get Recall-channel.IR to work. or SELECT to get the dish box out of standby mode.
    grrrrr

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Since you are using IRSS you can learn any IR command and send them when ever you like.
    Try learning the IR code for Power and sending that to wake up the receiver.
    Sorry, no access to my htpc right now so I don't know exactly which steps to follow to do this but give it a try and if you cant figure it out let us know.

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010
    Thanks - I thought about that in bed last night... thinking- well select doesn't seem to work, but how about power on.
    So that was my next thing to try. (Though wondering if power on - toggles - power off and on) in which case... could be another problem.
    always somethin!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    @ Devs,
    As the 1.2 Beta comes closer to release, has anyone submitted a patch to ensure the HD-PVR will continue working? Anything I can do to help?

Thanks!
    Wile E.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @ Devs,
    As the 1.2 Beta comes closer to release, has anyone submitted a patch to ensure the HD-PVR will continue working? Anything I can do to help?

Thanks!
    Wile E.

I tried a little over a week ago to get the latest SVN to figure out why things weren't working and didn't get very far.
    It's not anything with the HD-PVR code that changed, it must be something with analog tuning. I'm really hoping someone will be able to fix the code.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

I didn't realise this still wasn't working! Can I please have some logs from one of you showing an attempt to tune/scan.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi folks

I didn't realise this still wasn't working! Can I please have some logs from one of you showing an attempt to tune/scan.

My dev box is currently in bad shape (I need to reimage it) so I cant help much until that is done. Maybe PM Garry, I think he has a good understanding of what is not working correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom