initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, thanks for that WileE. I'm at work right now, so I'll have to wait until I get home to do anything serious about this. I'll be in contact...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay, thanks for that WileE. I'm at work right now, so I'll have to wait until I get home to do anything serious about this. I'll be in contact...

No worries.

Just for a point of reference, I have generated logs from the original SVN (with no modifications) and attached them here.

BTW, I am using SVN 27564. The newest (27572) had some issues installing, so I rolled back to the one I was using yesterday (27564)

Wile E.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi WileE

I've had a good look at the code. Your hacks are close, but the real issue seems to be that TsWriter really isn't receiving PMT for the requested PMT PID:

Code:
    Recorder: TIMESHIFT !!! PANIC - DecodePmt(...) returned FALSE !!!

For DecodePmt() to return false without a comment, either the PMT section table ID has to be != 2, or the service ID has to be != -1 and the section table ID != service ID. In this case the section table ID is -1...

I'd like to know what PMT PID and service ID the driver uses for the stream, so I've hacked up a kind of channel scanning for the HDPVR. Please can you revert to build 27557 (sorry I can't build anything later because I don't have VS2010 yet) and try viewing a channel with the attached binary. I don't expect it to work, but I'm expecting to see what PMT PID TsWriter is receiving.

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      157.8 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey mm1352000,
    I will roll back to 27557 tonight and give it a go (I just got to work :) )

No worries about it not working. I expected to go through some rounds of debugging before the resolution.

Thanks again for your help!
    Wile E.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again WileECoyote

I have to apologise to you. Life is pretty crazy for me at the moment, and I haven't had time to look at this issue. You've been very patient though, and for that I say ***thank you***.

Getting back to the issue at hand: the experiment didn't quite work as expected. Nevertheless, I've made a couple of changes, so please can you try the attached binaries and let me know how you get on. Note that you should set your PMT timeout back up to 10 seconds or so and use build 27557 again (*still* haven't managed to get VS 2010 installed).

Good luck! :D

Attachments

• HDPVR_fix_patch(v0.1)[SVN_27557].zip
      230.7 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi again WileECoyote

I have to apologise to you. Life is pretty crazy for me at the moment, and I haven't had time to look at this issue. You've been very patient though, and for that I say ***thank you***.

Getting back to the issue at hand: the experiment didn't quite work as expected. Nevertheless, I've made a couple of changes, so please can you try the attached binaries and let me know how you get on. Note that you should set your PMT timeout back up to 10 seconds or so and use build 27557 again (*still* haven't managed to get VS 2010 installed).

Thanks,
    Will set the PMT timeout to 10, copy your binaries and try again tonight... :)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi again WileECoyote

This test immediately returned an "Unknown Error Occured". I have attached the logs...

:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, sorry about that. :oops:

Not sure exactly what went wrong but I'm pretty sure I can track it down. Only thing is that I'm at work at the mo, so I'll try and post a new patch this evening (5 hours).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom