initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (3 Viewers)

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
December 27, 2010
I see the PVR... I also added my old (SD) tuner. I added DVBlink (4 tuners)

I got PVR working in media center again as well as in MP.

My USB-UIRT came today....

Now if you could please shed some light on... "Channels" whats a CVBS#1 on 2 I suspect on 2 means (2nd tuner in the listing?) since the PVR is 2 of the 8 tuners listed.
In addition - I see S-Video#1 on 2 ? ( I recall playing with a S video box - but I don't use any Svideo) I need to turn that off again I imagine).
I also see YRYBY#1 on 2 ( What is this YRYBY? )

Also all channels say #1 on 2. (what is the #1? I assume the 2 is on 2nd device in the list as I mentioned above).

Is there any text or thread that just explains kinda what's going on so that this might click in my head? Lots of terms I've never heard before.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see the PVR... I also added my old (SD) tuner. I added DVBlink (4 tuners)

I got PVR working in media center again as well as in MP.

My USB-UIRT came today....

Now if you could please shed some light on... "Channels" whats a CVBS#1 on 2 I suspect on 2 means (2nd tuner in the listing?) since the PVR is 2 of the 8 tuners listed.
    In addition - I see S-Video#1 on 2 ? ( I recall playing with a S video box - but I don't use any Svideo) I need to turn that off again I imagine).
    I also see YRYBY#1 on 2 ( What is this YRYBY? )

Also all channels say #1 on 2. (what is the #1? I assume the 2 is on 2nd device in the list as I mentioned above).

Is there any text or thread that just explains kinda what's going on so that this might click in my head? Lots of terms I've never heard before.

You must have clicked the "add S-Video channels" button at some point. They are the analog inputs.
    CVBS = Composite.
    S-Video = S-Video
    YRYBY = Component
    #x = input number
    on x = on tuner number x

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010
    Progress! Well I removed the CVBS and Svideo channels. Leaving only the component. (but seems I've lost my video feed). hmmm PVR is component as far as MP is concerned right?

On a really good note - I got the blaster to change the channels on my VIP222k Sat box! I've been trying to get that for weeks. Using USB-UIRT and TV server config (blaster plugin) NOTE: the docs are REALLY outdated?

Set Top Box Blasting - MediaPortal Wiki

Doesn't follow along with the version I'm running. So I at least have blaster changing channels when I press "TEST". Still lots more to do.
    At this point I have a question. After configuring TV SERVER CONF. I record my IR commands... and when done I click OK at the bottom of the window.

I get a pop up mediaportal error window. Says something like.
    Failed to locate assembly 'Gentle.Framework, Version=1.5.0.29053
    Culture=neutral, publickeytoken=80b5de62e27be49b
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/resdide in MP folder, execution will now end.

??? - it this saying I need to call the TV server config from inside MP setup options?

Oh looks like a re-install had it (not) in MP folder. Will move it and try again.

hmm It's in the proper folder, I ran the direct SetupTV.exe (not a shortcut) and received same error on exit. (though my settings did appear to be saved).
    Now to try and restore the video feed.
    BBL

Happiness was short lived. though I can get the TEST options in the blaster to change channels. I can't get MP to change them.
    Also in Media Portral config... under

REMOTE
    USBUIRT

driver version says ( device not detected) ? It is installed and works in other apps? Under that it says
    USBUIRT API version 2.5.6
    USBUIRT DLL version 2.6.9.3
    USBUIRT plugin version: 1.17

If I try to check use your remote to control media portal, I get a popup saying driver not loaded. any ideas?

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010
    I seem to be talking to myself. I got it working fairly well this weekend. I have a couple questions that should probably be in new threads.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My HD-PVR has actually been very stable (even using DD via DirectTV) until recent builds. Maybe I got lucky with a good hardware revision of the HD-PVR. Maybe part of that is my 4am scheduled reboot & power cycling of everything.

I actually think it was the most stable when I first got it working - since then channel change speed has improved and overall stability has decreased. Lately recordings on the HD-PVR will die before the show ends and won't work again until I reboot everything.

I've always run my own builds that are slightly tweaked from the latest SVN, mainly to support the Adaptec AVC-3610 tuner. I may merge some old HD-PVR code back in to my build and see what happens.

The rest of my hardware is pretty medicore - Athlon X2 3800+, 2GB, GT220, HDHomeRun & Adaptec AVC-3610.

Garry,
    Have you had a chance to try the merge of your old code? Anything that you can share (A new build possibly?)

Thanks!

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010
    PVR stable? Mine is fairly new and I've not had to recycle it at all. (in the month+ I've had it).
    only problems I have is MP being onstable at times. Often if left on all night on computer, in the morning it's locked, watchdog reboots it.

It also doesn't like doing things like (drag to resize) as a window. It likes full screen best. My only issues lately are...

1. Stutter. When a scene changes on the TV show, the last scene seems froze for 1-2 seconds, before it makes the change. As if paused. Sometimes the audio stutters with it, but more often just the picture seems to STICK. At first I never saw this, more recently I see it quite frequently. (any tips?)

2. Still no EPG (I have no guide) best (EASIEST) setup option out there? I'm using dish network.
    I have my IR and channel changing working well using TV43 plugin, solved the gentle.framework error with the config patches.

3. Some of my channels have graphic logos. Others that should don't. Do this appear by name? If I change the channel name would they then not appear for that channel? How can I tell what names the channel logos are looking for.

I'm really digg'n MP - but the GLITCH that freeze it up on occation tends to happen at the worst times.
    = ( HD-PVR seems completely happy as is.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    PVR stable? Mine is fairly new and I've not had to recycle it at all. (in the month+ I've had it).
    only problems I have is MP being onstable at times. Often if left on all night on computer, in the morning it's locked, watchdog reboots it.

It also doesn't like doing things like (drag to resize) as a window. It likes full screen best. My only issues lately are...

1. Stutter. When a scene changes on the TV show, the last scene seems froze for 1-2 seconds, before it makes the change. As if paused. Sometimes the audio stutters with it, but more often just the picture seems to STICK. At first I never saw this, more recently I see it quite frequently. (any tips?)

2. Still no EPG (I have no guide) best (EASIEST) setup option out there? I'm using dish network.
    I have my IR and channel changing working well using TV43 plugin, solved the gentle.framework error with the config patches.

3. Some of my channels have graphic logos. Others that should don't. Do this appear by name? If I change the channel name would they then not appear for that channel? How can I tell what names the channel logos are looking for.

I'm really digg'n MP - but the GLITCH that freeze it up on occation tends to happen at the worst times.
    = ( HD-PVR seems completely happy as is.

1. That's the issue most are experiencing. I was going to ask if you were on Dish but you have specified that in question 2. Dish and Bell have same hardware and the HD-PVR seems to have issues with how they broadcast their shows. The issues are mostly when switching to commercial breaks.

2. I have a schedulesdirect membership, it's 20$ a year and works great. There's a MP plugin to use schedulesdirect. I also use ForTheRecord so it's a little more complext to setup but works nicely.

3. Since I'm using ForTheRecord, I'm not sure how to get the logos working in just MediaPortal. I think you need logo files in the TVServer folder somewhere and they need to exactly match the channel name.

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010
    Glitching. (if we scroll back the time buffer a bit wouldn't that eliminate the pauses - at least that we'd see) as they'd happen in the futher, we're watching a few seconds back in time? E=MC2 hehehe couldn't resist.

Else could it be USB issue? I'm running a 15-20ft USB line.
    I suppose not if others are having the same.

I'm on DISH yes- VIP 222k receiver. My other problem is when in DISH standy (press select to watch tv) screen saver. I can't get out of it via IR code, only via actual remote from dish? I'd sure like to be able to get out of this, makes it impossible to record a show hours away without being there to get out of screen saver mode.

Will google fortherecord - thanks.
    I get "some logos" but in looking - I can't find the dir they're in in program files or program data. Will do a system search.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos
    Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos

Must be named *exactly* the same as the channel name + .jpg/.png etc.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm on DISH yes- VIP 222k receiver. My other problem is when in DISH standy (press select to watch tv) screen saver. I can't get out of it via IR code, only via actual remote from dish? I'd sure like to be able to get out of this, makes it impossible to record a show hours away without being there to get out of screen saver mode.

If your using the TV Blaster, there is a command line exe you can script to run every x hours to keep your recievers from entering standby (I do this with my AT&T Uverse.)

I can send you a copy of my script when I get home if you like...

1. That's the issue most are experiencing. I was going to ask if you were on Dish but you have specified that in question 2. Dish and Bell have same hardware and the HD-PVR seems to have issues with how they broadcast their shows. The issues are mostly when switching to commercial breaks.

I guess this is why Garry and I have not experienced the same issues you and Ixian have? I used to have Directv (which I think Garry has now) but then I switched to AT&T Uverse about a year ago. Both seemed to work fine for me...

Just for fun, have you tried Sage or MythTV to see if maybe its an MP problem and not a hardware issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom