initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
August 22, 2008
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I just rebuilt mine so wife might not be too happy if I break it again.
If I remember correctly the logs showed looping on waiting for PMT.
If no one else can try 1.2, then I'll break down and do it so I can provide logs.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just rebuilt mine so wife might not be too happy if I break it again.
    If I remember correctly the logs showed looping on waiting for PMT.
    If no one else can try 1.2, then I'll break down and do it so I can provide logs.

I just pinged Garry, Im hoping he will be able to provide a patch. If not, then I will reimage my dev machine this weekend and get him the logs (I dont want you to have to break down your live box...)

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great, thanks.
    BTW, there are issues if you try 1.2 and go back to 1.1.2 or prior. The database schema changed in 1.2 and will break 1.1.2 once you upgrade. It just a few columns that were deleted but it was still a PITA to get 1.1.2 working again. If anyone has trouble with downgrade I can give them scripts to fix it.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Has anyone tried the latest SVN (or anything at 26947 or later)?
    There's a crossbar fix in there that might make the HD PVR work again.
    I'll might try it later today if I get a chance.

Edit:
    Nevermind, I thought the date of the post was Feb 12, it was december last year.
    The SVN version was way too far back to make sense. Looks like we'll wait for Garry.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Has anyone tried the latest SVN (or anything at 26947 or later)?
    There's a crossbar fix in there that might make the HD PVR work again.
    I'll might try it later today if I get a chance.

Edit:
    Nevermind, I thought the date of the post was Feb 12, it was december last year.
    The SVN version was way too far back to make sense. Looks like we'll wait for Garry.

Hey SJeffrey,
    Im working on it now. I hope to finish the patch sometime this morning.

I recieved a reply from Garry, he has unfortunately sold his HD-PVR and is no longer using MP. Very sad to see him go...

I will post a patch (or a build for others to try later this morning.)

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey guys,
    Yesterday I pretty much crashed and burned. My dev machine was acting up, so I installed my new version on my prod machine and it had a "Unable to upgrade database" message. So I tried to uninstall and reinstall 1.2 and it crashed and burned. I couldnt even open the config. I dropped the database and restored my backup, nothing... So I reimaged my machine, but my latest backup was corrupted (yea, a real bad day.) So I ended up manually rebuidling the machine, which turns out not too bad as I used Windows 7 with SP1. So at least my OS is up to date...

So after the rebuild I got 1.1.2 working again and made another backup. I then wiped the 1.1.2 install and re-installed 1.1.2 using MySQL (I previously installed using SQL Server as the database) as the database, then my version 1.2 would install without issue. I guess the "Unable to upgrade database issue is with SQL Server only?

After all that I only had an hour to play with the code to try different things. Like Garry suggested, I applied Mr. D's patch and commented out the PMT wait code. That got rid of the Waiting for PMT message in the logs, but then I got a No Audio/Video Found message. I traced it back to the WaitForTimeShiftFile method in the TimeShifter.cs file. I commented most of the method to see if it would proceed, but although it would start timeshifting, the timeshift file was not processing any packets (file size was zero.)

So... All that to say, I think there were some significant changes in other parts of MP that broke the HD-PVR code. I need the help of mm1352000 or Mr. D to proceed. Should we completely redo the code to match the DVB code? If I were to do that where should I start? Do we just need to add a flag for the _audioType? Any help to get this back on track would be appreciated...

Thanks guys!
    Wile E.

I forgot to mention, I have ordered the new Hauppauge Colossus -> Colossus Product Overview

I plan to add support for it as well. Im hoping the code is very similar to the HD-PVR's...

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for giving it a try Wile. Sucks that blew up so hard though.
    Looks like you pretty much got to the same point I did. Commented out a bunch of code I know HD PVR doesn't need but still had something not working quite right, ended up with 0 byte TS file.

Thanks for the tip on Colossus. I really hope it's a more stable product than the HD PVR. And I think the price is actually cheaper. I got really excited when I saw that there are 2 pigtails which led me to believe it would have 2 tuners but sadly I guess it's just the passthrough for TV/Receiver...
    Looks like I might throw even more money at this damn PC if the Colossus turns out to be a better product :confused:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    WileE,

I'd be happy to help but I don't have an HDPVR so I can't do anything without logs.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    WileE,

I'd be happy to help but I don't have an HDPVR so I can't do anything without logs.

Yep, working on it now :)

I thought I would try a few other things... I will post back logs before I go to bed.:D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    WileE,

Okay,
    I have modified a few things to get it to start timeshifting, but it creates a zero size file. I have included the .cs file I have modified so you can do a diff on what I changed.

The logs are also included in the zip.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom