initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Fix as promised. Hopefully this one does the trick.

Attachments

• HDPVR_fix_patch(v0.2)[SVN_27557].zip
      230.7 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    One step closer...

Cool deal. I appreciate you taking the time to assist us with the solution. I will try the fix tonight. :)

On a side note I got the Hauppauge Colussus in the mail yesterday. Im really hoping that it is very similar to the HD-PVR (code wise), and if we can add support then Sage will be the only other Media Center app with support.

Thanks again!
    Wile E.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    One step closer...

Cool deal. I appreciate you taking the time to assist us with the solution. I will try the fix tonight. :)

On a side note I got the Hauppauge Colussus in the mail yesterday. Im really hoping that it is very similar to the HD-PVR (code wise), and if we can add support then Sage will be the only other Media Center app with support.

Thanks again!
    Wile E.

I'm really hoping the Colussus works better than the HD-PVR. It would be nice to get rid of 2 extra boxes on my shelves. With all 3 consoles, 2 tuners, 2 pvrs, receiver and PC, it's pretty crowded :)
    I'm thinking your cable provider doesn't give you the same issue on live tv with AC3 as I have with Bell (Bell is pretty much the same hardware as Dish in the US), so your results might not be the same as what I would get.
    Once work calms down on my end and we have 1.2 stable I'll take my rig to a friend's house that has Roger's cable and see if live tv is stable with them.

Thanks to mm1352000 for putting in the time. And of course Wile for testing. :D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I'm really hoping the Colussus works better than the HD-PVR. It would be nice to get rid of 2 extra boxes on my shelves. With all 3 consoles, 2 tuners, 2 pvrs, receiver and PC, it's pretty crowded :)

True that! I am looking forward to a cleaner (integrated) solution as well...

I'm thinking your cable provider doesn't give you the same issue on live tv with AC3 as I have with Bell (Bell is pretty much the same hardware as Dish in the US), so your results might not be the same as what I would get.
    Once work calms down on my end and we have 1.2 stable I'll take my rig to a friend's house that has Roger's cable and see if live tv is stable with them.

Im not sure. I had DirecTV for years, then last January (2010) I switched to AT&T. Neither service has given me issues, at least issues you and Ixian and others have. Lets hope the Colossus is an all around better solution.

Edit: Since Garry is no longer with us, I will probably start a new thread once we get the HD-PVR fix in place. The new thread will be for the HD-PVR & Colossus both.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    mm1352000,
    We are VERY, VERY close!!!

The only problem I see is when I change the channels. When I change the channel it appears as if the tuner is busy? It doesnt recoginze that I am the one using it?

1. Tune to first channel - it takes the first tuner and works perfect
    2. Change channel - It trys the same tuner but then fails and goes on to the second tuner which works fine.
    3. Change channel again - It goes back to the first tuner which works fine.

I hope all that makes sense.

Thanks again for all your help with this!
    Wile E.

EDIT: I just noticed this line in the log...

2011-03-04 22:36:47.101718 [(7)]: card: WaitForTimeShiftFile - no audio was found after 15.000858 seconds

So it looks like on channel change it cant find the audio so it goes on to the next tuner?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    We are VERY, VERY close!!!
    Three tries and I still didn't get it right! I apologise for the hassle. :sorry:

So it looks like on channel change it cant find the audio so it goes on to the next tuner?
    It might look like that at first glance, but I *think* the issue is actually that the code thought PMT had been received. If it thinks PMT has been received then it doesn't do things it ought to. Always having the same PID makes things a little tricky. I've done enough fiddling that the HDPVRChannel code in this version is actually very similar to the TvDvbChannel code in many places. I'm really tempted to extend that class because it would make maintenance easier and reduce the number of hacks. Let's see if this version works first though...

Attachments

• HDPVR_fix_patch(v0.4)[SVN_27557].zip
      231 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Three tries and I still didn't get it right! I apologise for the hassle. :sorry:

No worries at all. We will go around as many times as it takes to get it fixed. We just appreciate you hanging in there :)

This test I got the same result. First tune is fine, but channel change fails and goes to the second tuner.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom