initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (9 Viewers)

antonehenry

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Alrighty. Installed the new stuff. All came up fine. Awesome.

Then again, after a couple of minutes it gave me "unable to start timeshift" and quit working. Can't get it to work again. What a tease.

edit: Restart computer. Working again.... Wait for fail. We'll see.

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Alrighty. Installed the new stuff. All came up fine. Awesome.

Then again, after a couple of minutes it gave me "unable to start timeshift" and quit working. Can't get it to work again. What a tease.

edit: Restart computer. Working again.... Wait for fail. We'll see.

Please post your TVServer logs if it fails again.

antonehenry

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ge-ir-blaster-mp-49578/index2.html#post342913
THIS is how you get IR Blaster working. Make sure you have IR Server Suite uninstalled.

Hey would you look at that. IR blast is working for now!! Yay! It's painfully slow, that's for certain. But it's a damn start. I'll need to go get me some serial work.

So here's my next question. Can we eliminate the stuttered playback when you change the channel without just pushing the rewind button for a second? Being on exact live TV doesn't seem to favor well for the HD PVR.

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada

antonehenry

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Yes. With every channel change it seems to be stuck on a delay, this is until I correct it by rewinding just a little bit.

Could be my system and STB.... Probably is. When I press "TV On" Everything seems dandy though.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Just upgraded my server, its working great! I also installed the newest (0.3.270) version of StreamedMP, and it too seems to be much more stable. Still a little slow when you go from live TV to the basic home page, but otherwise seems to work very smooth. This time I configured the guide to only download 5 days and it seems much faster.

Thanks again Garry for all your hard work and getting this out so quick!

pw6206

Portal Member
    December 7, 2008
    I'm sad your code wasn't implemented into the final 1.0 release. Maybe it will be included into the next update. I will download your new builds and test tonight. Maybe it will be more stable for me also.

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    I'm curious, WileE and pw6206, as to how stable your systems are.

My HD PVR with MediaPortal fails randomly many times over and again. I have to restart TVService, or reconnect the HD PVR, or sometimes both. I recorded a television show while I was away last night, it started just fine, but twenty minutes into it the picture became very pixelated and eventually froze all together. I'll post some logs just in case.

This "wait for pmt" timeout has always been a problem for me. It's what it says at every fail. What conflicts with the HDPVR in order to make it non-responsive to Media Portal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom