initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

korben

Portal Member
July 14, 2006
When i try to run the configuration, the HD PVR now shows up in the config utility, but I can't find any channels when I scan.

I'm using the s-video connection on the HD PVR and I can get everything to work fine in the Arcsoft programme, but not here.

Scanning isn't supported on the HD PVR since it is a capture device, not a tuner. You need to manually create analog channels and map them to the HD PVR.

Does this mean I have to manually add every channel I need from my set top box?

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yes, or use whatever your guide data source is (SchedulesDirect for me) to add them then map them to the card.

korben

Portal Member
July 14, 2006
Which format is the file that you import the guide data from, and which screen in the config app do you do that through? I tried to use my XMLTV GUI (as I'm in the uk), in the TV channels screen, but but it doesn't import anything

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just use the SchedulesDirect plugin that someone wrote. It pulls the data for you, I just had to enter my account info.

korben

Portal Member
July 14, 2006
Yes, or use whatever your guide data source is (SchedulesDirect for me) to add them then map them to the card.

Do you know if the file you import just has the channel list or if it is the full EPG file?

I installed the new XMLTV importer plugin and tried my normal xml file, but even after running for several hours the screen still said "Processing channels. Please wait".

antonehenry

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Will any of you awesome people upload some screen shots of what you've been able to do with Hauppauge HD PVR and MediaPortal??????

I wanna see! And tell me what services you use!

korben

Portal Member
July 14, 2006
Will any of you awesome people upload some screen shots of what you've been able to do with Hauppauge HD PVR and MediaPortal??????

I wanna see! And tell me what services you use!

Not there yet, still struggling to set it up, but the image quality from a SD box through the ArcSoft programme produces a very, very good image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom