initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (2 Viewers)

CorruptByte

Portal Member
April 25, 2006
Miami, FL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I just picked up an HD-PVR to try and help test during the initial support phase. Since MediaPortal RC3 is right around the corner, will the existing HD-PVR support be included in that build or will I need to install the latest SVN build?

abhansali

Portal Member
September 27, 2008
Home Country
I just decided to try this again from scratch by uninstalling everything (mediaportal, tvserver and sql) and re-installing everything. I decided to download RC3.
I noticed that RC3 does not include your patch for HD PVR, so I installed the patch from this thread. Now tvserver is not starting. Does the patch need to be updated for RC3? Can we request that it be made available to us?

Here is the info from the event viewer

Service cannot be started. System.TypeLoadException: Method 'get_CardType' in type 'TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog' from assembly 'TVLibrary, Version=0.9.2.38272, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
at TvService.TVController.InitController()
at TvService.TVController.Init()
at TvService.TVController..ctor()
at TvService.Service1.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I just decided to try this again from scratch by uninstalling everything (mediaportal, tvserver and sql) and re-installing everything. I decided to download RC3.
    I noticed that RC3 does not include your patch for HD PVR, so I installed the patch from this thread. Now tvserver is not starting. Does the patch need to be updated for RC3? Can we request that it be made available to us?

Here is the info from the event viewer

Service cannot be started. System.TypeLoadException: Method 'get_CardType' in type 'TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog' from assembly 'TVLibrary, Version=0.9.2.38272, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
    at TvService.TVController.InitController()
    at TvService.TVController.Init()
    at TvService.TVController..ctor()
    at TvService.Service1.OnStart(String[] args)
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

I had the exact same issue. Being new to MP, I figured there was an updated needed, so I uninstalled RC3 and installed RC2. After copying the two .dll files the TV server would start, but the configuration would give an error message "TV Server Unable to Start".... It was showing "Started" in services...

Wile E...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Please try again, I updated the attachment on the first post.

Thanks for the update Garry! I put the new .dll's in last night and it found my two HD-PVR tuners. I am, however, only able to use one tuner. Are you still working on multiple tuners? It recognized both just fine, and I think I have the guide set up properly. Maybe I have missed something for setting up multiple tuners?

:D again!
    Charles

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Please see my post on 2008-10-04, 08:30. I need someone with multiple HD PVRs to show me the device IDs.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Please see my post on 2008-10-04, 08:30. I need someone with multiple HD PVRs to show me the device IDs.

Sorry Garry, Im new to MP (three days) and I didnt see your earlier post. I will get you the ID's tonight so you can investigate.

Thanks for your help on this!

Sirc

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    I'm new to MP as well (and I haven't touched an HTPC setup in quite some time), but I just got my HD-PVR and I thought I'd contribute some feedback and testing.

I had troubles at first getting the HD-PVR driver to recognize in RC3. I tried uninstalling and going back to the last SVN before RC3, which resulted in the same errors as abhansali and WileECoyote. After uninstalling the svn and going back to RC3 and installing the HD-PVR driver everything detected fine. I'm not sure if it was going back to the SVN that helped or not, but it is working now.

I am also experiencing slow frame rates when MP starts, around 14-15fps. If I record the live feed the frame rate jumps to 29-30fps. The computer I'm testing on has an ATI HD3870X2 and I'm using the Arcsoft h.264 codec. Just out of curiosity when I record through the Arcsoft TME the blue ring lights up on the HD-PVR, which it does not when recording on MP. Is that because when recording through Arcsoft TME it is recording in h.264 using the hardware encoder, and in MP it is recording using it's own software encoder not in h.264? When not recording is video coming through the USB port uncompressed?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Garry,
    Here are the screenshots you requested. Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom