initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You are correct, it is your codec settings, and my suggestion would be to get over your PDVD phobia as soon as possible because regardless of how their client works their codec is hands down the best h.264 option for the HDPVR and MePo.

MePo 1.0.x is very finicky about codec support due to a bug in TSReader. 1.1 beta corrects this to a limited extent but some codecs such as the built in MPC h.264 decoder don't work right with the HDPVR. Your best bets are either the actual Arcsoft codecs that come with the version of TMT that is bundled with the HDPVR (for whatever reason, retail/downloaded versions of TME, etc don't work, probably because they restrict those codecs to use with their program only), or the manual PDVD install described in this thread.

You can also try CoreAVC - it does work, and looks good - but several of us had problems with audio going out of sync with it.

Anyway, those are your options. Me, I'd read back a few pages and manually install the PDVD codec (a few of us threw up download links too), it will make your life a lot simpler.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I know this is not the right place for this question, but I wanted to target the question to this group... Has anyone got QAM working with Windows 7 and MP? I have Directv that work with my HD-PVR's, but I discovered last night that I have basic analog channels & unencrypted QAM with my RoadRunner service (This maybe a mistake on the cable companies behalf, and I plan to check with them to ensure my legality.)

Anyway, I popped in a ATSC/QAM tuner and MP would not detect any ATSC channels (with my antenna) or QAM with my cable. It just rushes through the scan and will not detect anything. Is ATSC & QAM broken on Windows 7 & MP? Note: I installed and configured Windows 7 Media Center and it found all my ATSC channels, so the card is working fine...

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    Are you running 1.1 Beta 1 WileE? I haven't installed Win7 on my HTPC yet, mostly because the MePo people haven't finally come out and say the compatibility if fully there for it yet. I'd really like to know what you find.

microwav

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    San Diego
    Home Country
    Update:
    Not to count my eggs before they hatched but I have been recording shows for aprox 18+hours with the 1212.
    Received my HD PVR from Hauppauge yesterday. Got it hooked up and had it running in MP in just a matter of minutes. Tested the channels coming out of cable box and it seemed to be working. Manually recorded the remainder of a show, about 8mins or so was left. Then proceeded to schedule recordings for the next day. Pretty much every hour. Some 30min shows some movies.

My "new" model is REV E1

the only issue I have right now and I am assuming this is because I didn't reinstall the Tv Server is that my cards (2250 and older 150) are not tuning. I'll reinstall tv server when I get home. I'll give some more updates when I can. Hopefully this has helped someone. Thanks to all who have put up with my troubles.

Off topic questions for the folks here:

Do any of you edit your recordings? If so what programs do you use. And if you do any post processing what program do you use? I have been using media buddy for PP and I haven't been able to find a program that can edit .ts files.

Just an update in case anyone was wondering. I was just about to give up all together and return the unit. So I contacted Hauppauge customer support and had this to say:

"Sounds like an older hardware issue with the device itself. Have you tried, or do you have the option to try the device on another machine. If you get the same effect then the device would probably need to be sent in for replacement with a new device. "

I tried on another computer with same results. I am having an RMA done and I'll update here and let you kids know how things are going.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Off topic questions for the folks here:

Do any of you edit your recordings? If so what programs do you use. And if you do any post processing what program do you use? I have been using media buddy for PP and I haven't been able to find a program that can edit .ts files.

I've given up on editing recordings long ago, MPEG4 is just to complicated!
    All I do is run comskip on them. Previous attemps with H264 cutter and the like would always screw up the audio/video sync.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Are you running 1.1 Beta 1 WileE? I haven't installed Win7 on my HTPC yet, mostly because the MePo people haven't finally come out and say the compatibility if fully there for it yet. I'd really like to know what you find.

At the moment, yes, I am running 1.1 Beta 1 on Windows 7. I have changed OS's & Mediaportal versions more this week than my underwear (dont laugh, its really true :) )

Here's what I have found thus far....

On Windows Vista - Hauppauge HVR-1600:
    MP 1.0.2
    . QAM works
    . FM works

MP 1.1 Beta 1
    . QAM works
    . FM works

On Windows 7 - Hauppauge HVR-1600:
    MP 1.0.2
    . FM works
    . QAM does not work (Digital tuner is not found by MP)

MP 1.1 Beta 1
    . FM works
    . QAM does not work (Digital tuner is not found by MP)

On Windows 7 - ATI HDTV Wonder:
    MP 1.1 Beta 1
    . QAM tuner is found, but cannot scan for channels.

In all the configs above the HD-PVR's worked without incident. So as of now, Im running Windows 7 with 1.1 Beta 1 with my HD-PVR tuners working great, but no QAM. Im not sure why MP doesnt recognize the digital tuner on the HVR-1600, the Hauppuage WinTV software finds the tuner and scans channels just fine :(

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Can any of you share your timeshifting settings? It looks like I am getting a brief skip/stutter, like clockwork, and it appears to be every time it writes to a new timeshift buffer. I was using the defaults but are there better settings? I have tons of hd space.

Cooljerk

July 13, 2008
    Alright, I bought an HD PVR earlier today and I've been trying to get my new $200 toy working. But I'm completely lost. I downloaded the SVN linked in the opening post, but when I install it and go to the television settings in the config utility and try to select my hd pvr as the source, I get an error which reads "no capture card detected"

This is frustrating. Any help for a complete newbie? Where do I start? I skimmed this 70+ page thread and everyone who has problems is way ahead of me... I can't even get the damn thing to show up! It works with SageTV, but I hate that program. But I can confirm the box is working. Help?!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Alright, I bought an HD PVR earlier today and I've been trying to get my new $200 toy working. But I'm completely lost. I downloaded the SVN linked in the opening post, but when I install it and go to the television settings in the config utility and try to select my hd pvr as the source, I get an error which reads "no capture card detected"

This is frustrating. Any help for a complete newbie? Where do I start? I skimmed this 70+ page thread and everyone who has problems is way ahead of me... I can't even get the damn thing to show up! It works with SageTV, but I hate that program. But I can confirm the box is working. Help?!

Hey CoolJerk,
    I think Garry's version on the first post was built off of MediaPortal 1.0. I would recommend starting with MediaPortal version 1.0.2. You can find the link on the home page under Downloads (Upper right hand side of the page.)

That version has Garry's code and is very stable, and should get you started.

Can any of you share your timeshifting settings? It looks like I am getting a brief skip/stutter, like clockwork, and it appears to be every time it writes to a new timeshift buffer. I was using the defaults but are there better settings? I have tons of hd space.

Hey Ixian,
    Sorry I didnt see your post until now, I will post my timeshift settings later tonight. Although Im not sure my settings will help, SJefferey and I have been bouncing idea's off each other for this DD stuttering issue, and I have been playing with a lot of settings :)

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hey Ixian,
    Sorry I didnt see your post until now, I will post my timeshift settings later tonight. Although Im not sure my settings will help, SJefferey and I have been bouncing idea's off each other for this DD stuttering issue, and I have been playing with a lot of settings :)

Sorry Ixian, I also "missed" (ok, I forgot to post...) your post.
    I'm actually still using defaults, so hopefully WileE will share his wisdom and give us his timeshift settings.
    I also get some slight stutter but haven't noticed if it was like clockwork or not.

Stephane

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom