initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (4 Viewers)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, so then your next step would be to download and install IR Server Suite. It installs as a service and has a plugin for Mediaportal and Mediaportal TVServer. Once the plugins installed you can go to TVServer config and enable the plugin and teach the IR codes for your set top box.

You might want to check this out if you run IRSS as a service or plan to install it.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/installing-service-76075/

timdastis

Portal Member
January 9, 2010
Home Country
Sorry I havent gotten back here...had to take a break for a bit

I was finally able to install SchedulesDirect and get them to show up in tv-server config...i then mapped all the channels to the hd-pvr...so far so good

I am stuck now at a couple things...4TR is not working...I am running the most recent version of MP (1.1 23491) and can't find the right plug in to install without getting errors

so i went to try the tv anyway and it just doesnt work...I am running StreamedMP and when i hit watch tv it goes black like its transferring to a new screen but comes right back to the home page...any ideas?

I havent been able to even play around with IR features yet..but IRSS was able to detect my receiver so thats likely a good sign

again...all help is appreciated

timdastis

Portal Member
January 9, 2010
Home Country
OK I just wanted to update

I ended up getting everything to work on my end...I uninstalled 4TR for now until I can get everything working

my current 2 problems are as such:

SchedulesDirect - when I view guide in MP, I am able to view all the channels, but they all say "no data available" - whats the fix for that

MORE IMPORTANTLY
I get a picture perfect view of whats going on through TotalMediaExtreme, but when I go through MP to watch tv and click tv on the whole program freezes and no picture is displayed - this is obviously my main problem right now - once this is corrected I will be almost there :D

thanks so much for the help so far
:D

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
August 22, 2008
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I don't know about your SD problem, I'm using 4TR.
For the picture freeze issue, what works best for me is to use SAF unlocked (search the forums for it).
I'm using 1.0 latest svn.

PABeaver

Portal Member
November 12, 2004
Portland, OR
Home Country
OK I just wanted to update
my current 2 problems are as such:

SchedulesDirect - when I view guide in MP, I am able to view all the channels, but they all say "no data available" - whats the fix for that

MORE IMPORTANTLY
I get a picture perfect view of whats going on through TotalMediaExtreme, but when I go through MP to watch tv and click tv on the whole program freezes and no picture is displayed - this is obviously my main problem right now - once this is corrected I will be almost there :D

A couple of things you could check if you have not already:

For SchedulesDirect: Try importing just one days worth of data. Set the check box for forcing an update after server restart. Restart the server, and wait for like an hour before checking to see if there is data. If you are still having an issue, check the database and see if there is schedule data there. I had a mapping problem that messed things up for me once and I had to enter values directly into the database to get it to work.

For the video part
1. make sure the channels are mapped to the correct input of the HD-PVR
2. Use different video and audio codecs. I think I am using the ArcSoft codecs for both
3. If all else fails, use a version of MP that is known to work and use the Blue3 skin. I am using the 1.02 version and it works fine with the HD-PVR and SchedulesDirect

Hope this helps.

timdastis

Portal Member
January 9, 2010
Home Country
thanks for the help - I'm gonna try the SD trick and see if that works

as far as changing the codecs - I thought the best to run was the powerdvd 8 codec for basically everything - but when I tried to switch to arcsoft I have no options for that in MP - what gives?

Right now I'm downloading a trial of TME to install on top of my existing install to see if the codecs show up

but in regards to the 1st response - I PM'd the creator of SAF for instructions on how to 'unlock' it as per his post but is it an easy trick? Just trying to find a solution tonight if possible.

Thanks again

edit - the codecs did not show up after the install - any ideas?

edit again - I GOT IT! my problem was hidden inside ffdshow for some strange reason - by going into video decoder settings I saw that under codecs h.264 was disabled (weird) - i changed it ffmpeg and started mp back up and lo and behold video!

still no guide data though (maybe i didnt wait long enough) but everything seems to be good I just need to configure the blaster to work with the box now

thanks!

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
August 22, 2008
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Did you check the SD thread carefully, I think there's a few versions floating around over there. There might be a version that works better than others.

timdastis

Portal Member
January 9, 2010
Home Country
Did you check the SD thread carefully, I think there's a few versions floating around over there. There might be a version that works better than others.

Thanks - that was my problem - even though I tried like 3 or 4 different versions I finally found one that gives me all the data

Now my final problem (hopefully) is with the IR blaster - one my previous posts I have shown pictures of what I have, which installs as eHome receiver and is picked up in the IRSS config as an MCE blaster that can both receive and transmit - I am using some of the blasters that came with my harmony 890 and plugging them into both ports on back of my blaster (not sure if I need a particular one but doubt it)

Luckily (I thought) my Comcast box is already configured for in the IRSS plugin - I set everything up for that and no go - I also went as far as to learn the number commands which was successful - but testing it through the plugin was unsuccessful

any ideas? do i need a new receiver/blaster? FYI I'm using IRSS 1.4.2.3158 and MP/TV svn 23491

I'm so close I can taste it :p :D

PABeaver

Portal Member
November 12, 2004
Portland, OR
Home Country
Now my final problem (hopefully) is with the IR blaster - one my previous posts I have shown pictures of what I have, which installs as eHome receiver and is picked up in the IRSS config as an MCE blaster that can both receive and transmit - I am using some of the blasters that came with my harmony 890 and plugging them into both ports on back of my blaster (not sure if I need a particular one but doubt it)

Luckily (I thought) my Comcast box is already configured for in the IRSS plugin - I set everything up for that and no go - I also went as far as to learn the number commands which was successful - but testing it through the plugin was unsuccessful

any ideas? do i need a new receiver/blaster? FYI I'm using IRSS 1.4.2.3158 and MP/TV svn 23491

I'm so close I can taste it :p :D

Gotta firewire cable?
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../change-channels-your-stb-via-firewire-70929/

timdastis

Portal Member
January 9, 2010
Home Country
I looked into that, but it seems like a lot of work for something that can be accomplished with this running correctly - if I end up failing I'll give that a go around

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom