initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (4 Viewers)

Mithrandir

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i just decided to move my entire setup From Vista/MePo 1.02/Ati 9.x Drivers to Windows 7/MePo 1.1.0 RC1/Ati 10.2 Drivers.
However somehow my PDVD8 and 9 codecs,which ive always used before, deliver horrible performance in MePo, despite CPU usage being 15% or so (DXVA is on).
Temporarily switched to the Arcsoft codec which didn't give any issues, however the image quality is lower on this one compared to PDVD.

Anyone else experience this by moving to 1.1.0 or Windows 7?

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

Firstly - thanks to all the work put in by people on this list to get support working for the HD-PVR :)

I've finally got my HD-PVR working (after it was collecting dust for many months!) - but there's a problem - the picture isn't right, I'm not sure how to describe it, I'm using the Component input but it doesn't seem to tune the picture colour correctly and I end up with an image list the one attached screenshot. (I'm running the latest driver 1.5.6.1 on Windows 7 32 bit)

I have the same problem in the arcsoft so it's obviously not a Media Portal problem - just thought I'd check on this forum if anyone else has had a similar problem (or any ideas on fixing it).

Any ideas appreciated :)

Attachments

• HD-PVR.jpg
      HD-PVR.jpg
      215.1 KB

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Guys,

Firstly - thanks to all the work put in by people on this list to get support working for the HD-PVR :)

I've finally got my HD-PVR working (after it was collecting dust for many months!) - but there's a problem - the picture isn't right, I'm not sure how to describe it, I'm using the Component input but it doesn't seem to tune the picture colour correctly and I end up with an image list the one attached screenshot. (I'm running the latest driver 1.5.6.1 on Windows 7 32 bit)

I have the same problem in the arcsoft so it's obviously not a Media Portal problem - just thought I'd check on this forum if anyone else has had a similar problem (or any ideas on fixing it).

Any ideas appreciated :)

do those pink bars move (going up or down) on your screen?
    It looks like a VERY bad ground loop.

Do the colors look ok otherwise?

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Dead Fury

Thanks for posting. The Bars do move up - but the colour is not right on the rest of the picture at all (see another attachment).

Any ideas?

Attachments

• HD-PVR-2.jpg
      HD-PVR-2.jpg
      326.8 KB

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    The moving pink bars is a ground loop problem.

It is caused when something attached to your setup's electrical field is not in sink with something else.
    This can be fixed in many ways, some easier than others, depending on the severity.

Try adding all elements of your setup to one power strip.
    It's a pretty safe bet the problem is coming from your cable. (cable companies use their own power source and this happens a lot because they are always out of sync with your houses frequencies)
    You can either get a ground loop isolator, or get one of those power strips with the cable input/output as well as electrical outlets.

I had a similar problem which was solved by a power strip that grounded my cable and all power plugs for my setup.

As for the color, I honestly can't tell from the screenshot if there is a problem or not, all I can really see is the pink lines.

Ensure you have all cables inserted correctly and in the right input's outputs, I know the HDPVR's inputs in the back are kind of flimsy, so be careful, but make sure they are ALL the way in and secure.
    Also, the HDVPR has a color settings page in the arcsoft TME software that can help you adjust the color to your liking, but mine was fine.

Good luck!

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Thanks again Dead Fury - I've solved my colour problem woohoo - dodgy component cable! Unbelievable (must make sure I cut that cable up!)

Now if I can just get MediaPortal accepting the SPDIF audio input I'll be done - haven't googled this one yet but does anyone know if the SPDIF input into MP works? (My SPDIF input is working because it works in Arcsoft).

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Yep, just ensure that the spdif input is selected in the arcsoft software and the proper codecs are selected in the media portal config.
    The options in Arcsoft TME are what Media Portal use (the device settings such as inputs)
    I am using spdif and AAC audio with my HDPVR in Media Portal, no problem.

Glad you got the color issues solved.

microwav

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    San Diego
    Home Country
    I decided to make the move to windows 7 from vista. Had the HD PVR running with limited issues on Vista. Installed MP 1.1 RC1 and associated files. Got HD PVR installed and what seems to happen that it cuts out right when MP tries to access it. The system pretty much just freezes. A symptom that became apparent is watching it through the bypass (when you take the output from the HD PVR directly to the tv) The screen blanks but the audio keeps going through (on bypass) when MP tries to take control of the HD PVR, but not when TME records. Any thoughts?

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I hadn't had any issues like that with my setup on W7 64bit.
    I use rcGraphBuilder to set the correct inputs Component + Optical for my HD-PVRs and then MediaPortal will use the same as I set.
    You'll need to google it because I don't have a direct link from where I am right now.
    Also, you might be able to set something in TVServer setup for your HD-PVR, something like source where your tuner is listed...

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    AcrSoftVideoDecoder - Attempted to read or write protected memory

I just installed an updated MP from SVN (post RC1) and I am getting a failure with the ArcSoftVideoDecoder as below. I have attached logs.

Anyone seen anything like this? Was working fine prior to updating MP. It works with CoreAVC but I get an unbelievable number of late frames and the video and audio goes out of sync very quickly.

TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2010-03-13 18:00:14.453125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Remove of filter: ArcSoft Video Decoder, failed with code (HR): 0, explanation: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2010-03-13 18:00:14.453125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Remove of filter: Video Mixing Renderer 9, failed with code (HR): 0, explanation: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2010-03-13 18:00:14.453125 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Remove of filter: TsReader, failed with code (HR): 0, explanation: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2010-03-13 18:00:14.546875 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom