initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (3 Viewers)

MarcusAureli

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Switch to USB-UIRT - best money you'll ever spend :)

i mean no disrespect, especially since i make my living using FOSS in the background, but i strongly dislike using a FOSS project like MediaPortal but needing to buy add-ons (that are less complex than the original software) in order to make it work as desired ;)

If this is the case, do you have a firewire cable? I have Fios with the QIP 7100 and it works flawlessly with MP and IRSS.

Check out this link if interested.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../change-channels-your-stb-via-firewire-70929/

how did you go about getting the 7100 working with those firestb drivers? i'm using win7x64, not sure if that's the problem...

i see references to editing the inf, and i thought i did it correctly, but driver install on the device still shows that it doesn't match.

PABeaver

Portal Member
November 12, 2004
Portland, OR
Home Country
i mean no disrespect, especially since i make my living using FOSS in the background, but i strongly dislike using a FOSS project like MediaPortal but needing to buy add-ons (that are less complex than the original software) in order to make it work as desired ;)

If this is the case, do you have a firewire cable? I have Fios with the QIP 7100 and it works flawlessly with MP and IRSS.

Check out this link if interested.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../change-channels-your-stb-via-firewire-70929/

how did you go about getting the 7100 working with those firestb drivers? i'm using win7x64, not sure if that's the problem...

i see references to editing the inf, and i thought i did it correctly, but driver install on the device still shows that it doesn't match.

If you are still having issues with this, PM me with your email and I can send you my files. Basically, make sure you search for the number 6200, copy and paste the lines with QIP in them and change the 6200 to 7100. Here are the 4 lines I had to add in their appropriate section:

<under the heading "[Motorola]">

%AVC\MOTOROLA&QIP-7100&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MEITUNER.MOTO,AVC\MOTOROLA&QIP-7100&TYP_5&ID_0
%AVC\MOTOROLA&QIP-7100&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc%=MSPANEL.MOTO,AVC\MOTOROLA&QIP-7100&TYP_9&ID_0

<under the heading ": Device Description" almost at the very end of the file>

AVC\MOTOROLA&QIP-7100&TYP_5&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Tuner Device (QIP-7100)"
AVC\MOTOROLA&QIP-7100&TYP_9&ID_0.DeviceDesc="Motorola AV/C Panel Device (QIP-7100)"

MarcusAureli

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
Home Country
cannot thank you all enough... after lots of frustrating this thing is finally working... even had to drop x64 win7 to x32 just to get the damn firewire working. now to just find out which lineup is actually mine (damn urban areas) and get the spdif passthrough working, and i am absolutely pumped.

xternal

August 11, 2010
Home Country
Hmm I am getting audio and no video when i preview in tvserver config.
If I try and load the channel in MP, it just crashes MP. Any ideas?
Sometimes the preview in tvserver will work though. I think its worked 2 or 3 times out of about 50 trys! :confused:

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
sounds like it may be a codec issue.
Which codec are you using for video?

do you have any other cards besides the hdpvr?

xternal

August 11, 2010
Home Country
I have the arcsoft theatre installed. It has the right codec doesnt it?
Or do i need to download another codec? Thanks for the reply :D

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
you need to set the codec inside the MP configuration under the codec section.
the HDPVR will use the h.264 codec.

The arcsoft codec should work ok, but depending on what version of TME you got with your CD, it may or may not make itself available to be used outside of TME.
If you are using windows 7, the microsoft codec should work well too.
Other codecs which people have found to work well is PowerDVD and CoreAVC.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any idea what the difference between a HD-PVR1212 and a HD-PVR1316 is? I'm assuming they are different h/w rev.s but am wondering if the 1316 has any significant improvements etc???

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    I'm diving back into the madness.

Everything seems to be beautifully stable at this point. I'm hung up on channel changing via firewire.

The STB drivers aren't working for windows 7. Anyone addressed this?

Using a scientific atlantic 4250hdc

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    I'm diving back into the madness.

Everything seems to be beautifully stable at this point. I'm hung up on channel changing via firewire.

The STB drivers aren't working for windows 7. Anyone addressed this?

Using a scientific atlantic 4250hdc

from what I hear, the available stb firewire drivers don't work for x64, dunno about x86 windows 7.

You would probably get better help asking this question somewhere else however, instead of buried deep in the HDPVR thread. (which has nothing to do with the HDPVR at all)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom