initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (6 Viewers)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi there

I was the developer that created the fix (for the fix). Please post your TV Server logs. It is possible my fix didn't properly work for the HDPVR (I haven't got one myself)...

Hey mm1352000,
    Thanks for the help with this. Attached are my logs...

- TV Server Manual.zip are the TV Server logs captured when I tried to manually start timeshifting within the TV Server Configuration
    - TV Server Attempt From Client.zip logs captured when I tried to timeshift from the client software (on the same machine.)
    - Client.zip logs captured from the client.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

Attachments

• TV Server Manual Test.zip
      3 KB
    • TV Server Attempt From Client.zip
      26.6 KB
    • Client.zip
      16.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I can clearly see the problem, although I'm not quite sure how to fix it at this point. I'll have a think and then get back to you with a test build, hopefully in the next 48 hours. If I don't do that, please PM me to remind me. I'm a busy person these days so things easily slip my mind unintentionally...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi again

I can clearly see the problem, although I'm not quite sure how to fix it at this point. I'll have a think and then get back to you with a test build, hopefully in the next 48 hours. If I don't do that, please PM me to remind me. I'm a busy person these days so things easily slip my mind unintentionally...

Maybe they should remove patch 3171 since it is causing so many issues? I will try to get the attention of a Dev so they can investigate...

Thanks for your help...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Maybe they should remove patch 3171 since it is causing so many issues? I will try to get the attention of a Dev so they can investigate...

Thanks for your help...

Mate, I am a dev :p
    Removing patch 3171 is not going to happen since it fixes a real problem. Yes it broke support for hybrid, analog (?) and HDPVR tuners, however that issue will only be causing a very limited problems (1) because I supplied a patch for analog and hybrid cards very quickly, and (2) because very few people outside the dev team will be using SVN builds (let alone with an HDPVR). These things happen sometimes because it is hard to test for every kind of card. Until I provide a fix I simply recommend that you stick with an SVN revision lower than 26794. Now that I know about the issue it shouldn't take more than 48 hours to fix.

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    I may be able to take a look at this in the next few days. I added the initial support for the HD-PVR and have one here to test with.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Mate, I am a dev :p
    Removing patch 3171 is not going to happen since it fixes a real problem. Yes it broke support for hybrid, analog (?) and HDPVR tuners, however that issue will only be causing a very limited problems (1) because I supplied a patch for analog and hybrid cards very quickly, and (2) because very few people outside the dev team will be using SVN builds (let alone with an HDPVR). These things happen sometimes because it is hard to test for every kind of card. Until I provide a fix I simply recommend that you stick with an SVN revision lower than 26794. Now that I know about the issue it shouldn't take more than 48 hours to fix.

No worries :) Garry & MisterD usually take care of the HD-PVR issues, so my apologies if I offended.

I just wanted to bring it to someone's attention so that it would be fixed in the next alpha/beta version. If it is fixed in the next few days that would work great, that way plugin & skin dev's (like me) can continue development.

Thanks again for your help!
    Wile E.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please try the attached patch. The binary is compiled with revision 27035.

MisterD

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      156.1 KB
    • HDPVR-PMT.patch
      650 bytes

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi MisterD

Fantastic, thank you for that :)
    I was going to try exactly the same thing, but I couldn't see how HDPVRs could possibly have worked before so I thought that might break something. It seems the _pmtPid and _pmtVersion are almost completely unnecessary. Perhaps they are only there to mark that PMT has been received?

Anyhow, thanks once again...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Please try the attached patch. The binary is compiled with revision 27035.

MisterD

Unfortunately it doesnt work (see attached logs.)

Thanks!

The first file (TV Server Logs.zip) was trying to start timeshifting from the TV Server Configuration.
    The second file (TV Server run from Client.zip) is trying to start timeshifting from the client (on the same machine.)

Attachments

• TV Server run from Client.zip
      59.5 KB

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next try :D

If this won't work we have to port all latest changes of the PMT handling from the DVB cards to HDPVR as well, but still keep the hacks for HDPVR. This will take some time.

MisterD

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      156.1 KB
    • HDPVR-PMT.patch
      1.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom