initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (4 Viewers)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay,
    I applied MisterD's patch and removed the wait for PMT just to see what would happen... The OnGraphStarted() method looks like this...

Code:
        public override void OnGraphStarted()
        {
          Log.Log.WriteFile("HDPVR: subch:{0} OnGraphStarted", _subChannelId);
          _graphRunning = true;
          _dateTimeShiftStarted = DateTime.MinValue;
          SetupPmtGrabber(256, _serviceID);
          //_pmtTimer.Enabled = true;
          //while (_pmtVersion < 0)
          //{
          //  Log.Log.Write("subch:{0} wait for pmt:{1:X}", _subChannelId, _pmtPid);
          //  Thread.Sleep(20);
          //}
        }

Interesting enough, the audio was not detected (see attached logs.)

Let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Thanks again guys!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Next try :D

If this won't work we have to port all latest changes of the PMT handling from the DVB cards to HDPVR as well, but still keep the hacks for HDPVR. This will take some time.

MisterD

Unfortunately it didnt work :( See attached logs.

I tried two different HD-PVR's on this test (just in case we thought something might be wrong with the first.)

Thanks again MisterD. I know you will crack the problem :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    "Timedout waiting for PMT after 0.0200011 seconds. Increase the PMT timeout value?"

Seems rather short...

I'd be trying:

if (ts.TotalMilliseconds >= 10000)
    instead of
    if (ts.TotalMilliseconds >= 10)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    "Timedout waiting for PMT after 0.0200011 seconds. Increase the PMT timeout value?"

Seems rather short...

I'd be trying:

if (ts.TotalMilliseconds >= 10000)
    instead of
    if (ts.TotalMilliseconds >= 10)

We changed that a loooooooong time ago so we didnt have to wait 10 seconds for the channel to start/change. Since the HD-PVR doesnt use the PMT like other cards, it wasnt necessary to wait the full 10 seconds. This has always worked with other builds...

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please forgive my ignorance :oops:
    Out of curiosity: what does the HDPVR use PMT for?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The HDPVR provides a ts stream with a fix PMT pid. So in general you don't need it, but the code was adopted from the DVB part and than hacked to fit the best. Unfortunately I was never able to make it more compliant with the DVB implemenation. Community preferred the current solution as I have not such a device I can't test myself.

After all those reworks in the whole tuning, graph parts, we need to adopt them all from DVB to HDPVR while keeping the hacks or finally making the code compliant to DVB. But this will need time and unfortunately I don't have it right now.

MisterD

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Please forgive my ignorance :oops:
    Out of curiosity: what does the HDPVR use PMT for?

Again, no worries. Please dont misunderstand my posts as slights against you. I'm honestly trying to bring you up to speed so you can fix/assist in the fix. Its in all our best interest (on this thread) to get the HD-PVR working again. Anything you need please feel free to ask. Garry is the HD-PVR expert, I'm hoping he too has some time to assist.

Blue Energy

Portal Member
    December 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi! I'm a Soft-PVR newbie. Recently, I've been looking around for something to replace my cable-issue PVR with - something I have more control over. MediaPortal is certainly enticing from a features standpoint - plus it's Windows-based, which would allow me to do other (internet, programming, etc) things from my computer while it's recording TV - then watch it later. My goal is to upgrade my computer, migrate my office computer to it, load MePo on it to work with my HD PVR, move all of that to the living room and exchange the monitor for my big HD TV. Eventually, I'd like to move all of my music to it too, connect it to my stereo, and control everything from my recliner with a radio controlled keyboard and mouse. From everything I can gather, the HD PVR is the only product that is the solution to recording one's own TV shows from cable. So, in order to do what I want to do at all, the software I choose must work with that hardware. If that's not true, I'd appreciate a correction.

I've been reading this HD PVR thread for about a week now. I'm finally done. From that my impression is that, after over two years, the issues related to using MePo with an HD PVR still aren't resolved. It seems that no-one has been able to get the blasters in two HD PVR's to work at the same time. My impression is that a few people seem to have managed to get their systems working - seemingly by positioning their tongues just right and backing away slowly when it seemed stable. Others haven't been as fortunate.

I know that reading help forums is probably not the best place to get a fair impression of a product. You generally only read about problems unless you ask. I'd sure appreciate it if you could give me your unbiased opinion. I work as a database programmer - so on the one hand I might have a leg up with computers generally. But, really, I'm mostly looking for something that works rather than another hobby. What do you think? Is it possible to setup a fast computer with this software and a couple of HD PVRs to record my TV shows in 1080i - somewhere close to as error free as the cable-issue PVR I'm using now? Thanks in advance for your comments, corrections, and advice.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi! I'm a Soft-PVR newbie. Recently, I've been looking around for something to replace my cable-issue PVR with - something I have more control over. MediaPortal is certainly enticing from a features standpoint - plus it's Windows-based, which would allow me to do other (internet, programming, etc) things from my computer while it's recording TV - then watch it later. My goal is to upgrade my computer, migrate my office computer to it, load MePo on it to work with my HD PVR, move all of that to the living room and exchange the monitor for my big HD TV. Eventually, I'd like to move all of my music to it too, connect it to my stereo, and control everything from my recliner with a radio controlled keyboard and mouse. From everything I can gather, the HD PVR is the only product that is the solution to recording one's own TV shows from cable. So, in order to do what I want to do at all, the software I choose must work with that hardware. If that's not true, I'd appreciate a correction.

I've been reading this HD PVR thread for about a week now. I'm finally done. From that my impression is that, after over two years, the issues related to using MePo with an HD PVR still aren't resolved. It seems that no-one has been able to get the blasters in two HD PVR's to work at the same time. My impression is that a few people seem to have managed to get their systems working - seemingly by positioning their tongues just right and backing away slowly when it seemed stable. Others haven't been as fortunate.

I know that reading help forums is probably not the best place to get a fair impression of a product. You generally only read about problems unless you ask. I'd sure appreciate it if you could give me your unbiased opinion. I work as a database programmer - so on the one hand I might have a leg up with computers generally. But, really, I'm mostly looking for something that works rather than another hobby. What do you think? Is it possible to setup a fast computer with this software and a couple of HD PVRs to record my TV shows in 1080i - somewhere close to as error free as the cable-issue PVR I'm using now? Thanks in advance for your comments, corrections, and advice.

I think you summed it up just right. After 2 years it not yet completly working...
    I'm still in a position that I would only recommend it if you plan to do recordings only and not watching live TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom