initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Core AVC works well, thanks for the advice. I still don't know why the arcsoft codec don't show up in media portal but since Core AVC works then I will stick with that. I still get some shutter sometimes but so far so it is working decent enough. Now I just need to figure out the IR Blaster and EPG stuff.

Where are you located? I use ScheduleDirect for the EPG here in the US, and I use serial adapters for my Directv boxes....

pw6206

Portal Member
    December 7, 2008
    I live in Ellensburg, Wa. It is basically right in the middle of washington state. I checked out the schedules direct and it is really easy to setup. well worth the $20/year but i ran into a problem. After installing the plugin, now I get a debug error box that pops up. If I hit continue everything seems to work fine. I noticed there are many versions of the schedules direct plugin.

What is the correct version for our type of setup using the special builds for the hd pvr?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    pw6206,
    I am using the latest v1.1a I believe. I dont recall seeing a debug popup on any version of the TV-Server I have used.... Do you just get the message when you start the TV-Server configuration?

garry,
    I noticed that the developers were asking for add-on software so they can include in the final build. Does that mean the HD-PVR support will be in the final 1.0 release?

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    I noticed that the developers were asking for add-on software so they can include in the final build. Does that mean the HD-PVR support will be in the final 1.0 release?

I just submitted a patch with my latest code to the dev team, hopefully they will include it in the 1.0 release.

pw6206

Portal Member
    December 7, 2008
    It would only popup when I started My TV and then turn on TV but I think I solved it by uninstalling media portal and then reinstalling it. I also got the schedules direct working. This has been a lot more complex than I expected but by the time I figure everything out I think it will work great for me. Thanks for everyones help.

wewantphil

Portal Member
    October 29, 2007
    I just submitted a patch with my latest code to the dev team, hopefully they will include it in the 1.0 release.

I wish, hope, pray, and kinda insist that your awesome code is included in 1.0.
    Your work is as appreciated as the MP team's hard work. It's the only way I can get my entire HTPC solution going.

My story: I just pulled an HP a430n (AMD 2.2GHz plus all peripherals intact, minus OS) literally out of my neighbor's trash can while walking the dog the other morning. After fooling with the HP for a few I got it fully operational (can see why they got frustrated and hucked it, as the hardware/driver install/config was almost impossible, but I got it going!).
    Anyway, I have an HR22-100 DirecTV in the living room but can't control it with the paterson cable so I have to rely on the H21-100 in the bedroom to be my TVserver and connect to it from the living room, using the repurposed HP.
    I'm right in the middle of getting this all going, have not yet actually connected to the TVServer over the network yet, but if it works, you and the MP team will have been elevated beyond god mode. This is absolutely the best HTPC solution out there... add a HD-PVR connected over the LAN and no other solution can compete... not even close!!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    +1

There is no way I would have considered MediaPortal if it didnt have HD-PVR support. I would have stuck with Sage or maybe looked at gbpvr....ewwww :)

Thanks again Garry!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Quick question Garry, I had a request tonight for subtitles and until now I never thought about it. I noticed I dont have any subtitles on any recorded progams. Is this a function of the HD-PVR? A switch somewhere to turn on?

ghostlobster

Portal Member
    July 8, 2008
    Well....after 5 days of tinkering around, I've finally got my Media Portal installation to the point where I think I'm ready to try adding the HD-PVR to it. I've got one of my HDHR tuners working perfectly, and am sharing my Hauppauge 150s with my Sage install. Now, it's time to try the HD-PVR.
    Rummaging through this thread, I'm confused, though.
    1 - Can I use the integrated HD-PVR blaster to change channels on my STB?
    2 - Is it just a matter of installing the files from post 113 and then diving into the channel mapping, etc?

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT - OK, perhaps a little more data is necessary here. My cable co. STB does not have serial or USB ports on it, so I have to go with some IR blaster solution. The blaster integrated into the HD-PVR works with SageTV, so I have not spent a lot of time being concerned about it. Will it work with MP?
    Also, I'm running a client/server config. I've got a dedicated PC acting as a server to 3 different playback PCs spread out throughout the house. Do I need to install anything on the client PCs, or just the server?

Thanks!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Well....after 5 days of tinkering around, I've finally got my Media Portal installation to the point where I think I'm ready to try adding the HD-PVR to it. I've got one of my HDHR tuners working perfectly, and am sharing my Hauppauge 150s with my Sage install. Now, it's time to try the HD-PVR.
    Rummaging through this thread, I'm confused, though.
    1 - Can I use the integrated HD-PVR blaster to change channels on my STB?
    2 - Is it just a matter of installing the files from post 113 and then diving into the channel mapping, etc?

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT - OK, perhaps a little more data is necessary here. My cable co. STB does not have serial or USB ports on it, so I have to go with some IR blaster solution. The blaster integrated into the HD-PVR works with SageTV, so I have not spent a lot of time being concerned about it. Will it work with MP?
    Also, I'm running a client/server config. I've got a dedicated PC acting as a server to 3 different playback PCs spread out throughout the house. Do I need to install anything on the client PCs, or just the server?

Thanks!

ghostlobster!
    This is 'chasmetz' from the green button & sage forums... Glad you decided to give Media Portal a whirl!

Blaster - I have directv and use the serial adapters, so I dont use the blasters. Search this thread for 'blaster', Dale was working on the same thing you are now, maybe he was able to figure it out. You have TWC right? Can you use a firewire connection?

Install - Yes, just install the files that Garry has provided. On the clients, install the RC4 (or RC3) from the home page and install only the client portion, in the config under the television section you can enter your server name. I mentioned RC3 as I had some issues with RC4 and just rolled back to RC3 for now. The new full version (with Garry's tuner code) is expected out before Christmas.

I use schedulesdirect for my guide information. It costs $20.00 a year, but there is a trial and also a few month subscription for only $5.00 if you need to try it longer. Check out this thread here.

Good luck! Again, if your interested you can always swing by and see my rig in Cary...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom