"initializing data provider manager" long pause after installing win 8.1 (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, you are running stable release: MovingPictures 1.5.1:1487.
    I myself run development release: MovingPictures 1.5.2:1528 on Windows 8.1 with MediaPortal 1.5 (soon to be 1.6)

You can download that one as well from the IMDb+ download section on Google project site. It is not an easy MSI/MPE1 installation, you have to manually do stuff, including manually fixing your skin files to also update to the new features in use. Still if you ignore all the skin mistakes, such as #MovPic.skin.headers, it should still work (keep in mind that PLAY button needs to be made active, because without updated skins it won't play instant otherwise).

More then likely that will fix things for you, or you can wait till a new official stable release is issued. A lot of problems were fixed back in April on the development side, so I am sure it will not take much longer :censored:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The source code/development is official. Install Visual Studio, download the source and compile your own otherwise. It means you are missing out on 41 fixes, and infact there is already a higher revision available at the development site.

Or wait patiently for the project owner to release a new official installer.

There is *NO* fix possible any other way.

Your call.

piernik

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Hello again.

I've installed 1.6 beta of Moving pictures and I still have the same problem.
    It takes about 5-10 minutes to start MP.

Very long time takes Parsing scriptable scraper
    It parses all version of scraper - even those old, overwritten once.
    I make filmweb.pl scraper and It checks 20 versions of that script - why?
    How to disable it?

It also checkes inactive scripts

Here is my log file

Edit:
    I turned off debug scrapers and now it's lodaing fast - this was the issue :)

But why it's loading previous versions of scrapers?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom