MP2 - V2.4.1 Installation Error 0x80070005 (1 Viewer)

thuja

December 9, 2022
Home Country
Germany Germany
MP2 Version
Hello,

the installation failed with error 0x80070005, access denied.
However, MediaPortal 1.30 can be installed.

Thanks for help
Rolf

Attachments

• MP2-Setup.log
    16 KB
  • MP2-Error.pdf
    12.7 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

the installation failed with error 0x80070005, access denied.
    However, MediaPortal 1.30 can be installed.

Thanks for help
    Rolf
    MP2 is a completely different software than MP1. Did you try to start the installer with admin rights? From the log it seems the installer does not get rights from windows to extract the packages to the target location.

thuja

December 9, 2022
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had started MP2 Setup normally and it asked for the admin password.
    If I call it directly with admin rights (without log), it works.
    Does MP2 have to have rights for a public network? The firewall message is irritating me.

Thanks
    Rolf

Attachments

• Firewall.jpg
      Firewall.jpg
      51.8 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had started MP2 Setup normally and it asked for the admin password.
    If I call it directly with admin rights (without log), it works.
    Does MP2 have to have rights for a public network? The firewall message is irritating me.

Thanks
    Rolf
    It’s the windows firewall configuration dialog. MP2 does not need public access in normal cases, basically just the local communication between server and client is needed. Generally I recommend to take a look into our wiki, if you are new to MP2. Most questions are already covered then I believe.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    I think we had the issue with missing access rights quite often. Could we make the new installer always asking for admin rights automatically? Some users would not come to this conclusion by themself.

Users who are viewing this thread