iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.2.0

I can Open the path ob my Client. What Account do u mean. The service ob my Server is Running in my Admin Account.

Sorry for the spelling. Im writing from my mobile. The files are on my htpc and not on my sever. Do i Need to copy them?

I just checked the MyMusic section. In this section I can view the covers!

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Wonder if anyone can answer this.... Couldn't find anything using the forum search function....

If I search the TV Guide for the text "Angelina" would it also search the Tv Shows descriptions and show me all instances of a TV Show where Angelina is in the description? On my setup it doesn't appear to do that so was just wondering if iPimp can do it?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I can Open the path ob my Client. What Account do u mean. The service ob my Server is Running in my Admin Account.

Sorry for the spelling. Im writing from my mobile. The files are on my htpc and not on my sever. Do i Need to copy them?

I just checked the MyMusic section. In this section I can view the covers!

winniwinter - You don't need to copy then from your server, this is done by the MPClientControl plugin when you request a coverart. The issue is that the MPClientControl plugin cannot find that image I think, or does not have access to it. Can you see that cover in the Moving Pictures plugin?

Wonder if anyone can answer this.... Couldn't find anything using the forum search function....

If I search the TV Guide for the text "Angelina" would it also search the Tv Shows descriptions and show me all instances of a TV Show where Angelina is in the description? On my setup it doesn't appear to do that so was just wondering if iPimp can do it?

TommySharp - iPiMP currently only searches program titles, I'll add an option to search program descriptions in the next version.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi, Yes i can see the cover in moving pictures. It's located in the right path...

PhilUK

Portal Member
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country

Hi all, just seen this MediaPortal Plugin and really wanted to give it a go!

However, I have an issue with the installation:

During the install phase, it has currently stalled at "patching web.config" and is showing the error "iPiMP Apache service installation failed - Reason: There is an error in httpd.conf!"

In the installation progress box it is saying: "Syntax error on line 67 of G:/Program Files/iPiMP/Apache/conf/iPiMP.conf", after this, it has a line: "<Directory C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework..... etc.

I think it must be to do with the fact I have Windows installed on the G: Drive?? (Trust me that wasn't the intention but after 3 days of trying to install Windows XP form a USB drive, once I finally managed it I was not going to arse about trying again just because of the drive letter lol!)

Cheers in advance!
    Phil

gustavson

Portal Member
    November 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.2.0

Hi Cheezey

Me again.;)Moving pictures is working now thanks to : http://ipimp.googlecode.com/files/MP...01.0 RC2.zip but I have a new nice error. I can play a film using moving pictures, but whenever I want to access the same film via “My Videos” I get the ignoring “do you want to continue …” (some room for improvement :D ) and when I press at YES I get “Abspielen ist nicht möglich ‘filename’ ” which means (impossible to play ‘filename’) and a fubar.

Help?
    Greetings
    Peter

Btw: Ipimp as secondary touch-screen display??

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

During the install phase, it has currently stalled at "patching web.config" and is showing the error "iPiMP Apache service installation failed - Reason: There is an error in httpd.conf!"

In the installation progress box it is saying: "Syntax error on line 67 of G:/Program Files/iPiMP/Apache/conf/iPiMP.conf", after this, it has a line: "<Directory C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework..... etc.

I think it must be to do with the fact I have Windows installed on the G: Drive?? (Trust me that wasn't the intention but after 3 days of trying to install Windows XP form a USB drive, once I finally managed it I was not going to arse about trying again just because of the drive letter lol!)

Cheers in advance!
    Phil

Hi, I had the same error. It worked for me to run ipimp setup as administrator on my WHS

PhilUK

Portal Member
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country

However, I have an issue with the installation.........................

Cheers in advance!
    Phil

Hi, I had the same error. It worked for me to run ipimp setup as administrator on my WHS

I still get the same error when running as administrator unfortunately.

Cheers!
    Phil

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

Cheers in advance!
    Phil

PhilUK - Try this, at a command prompt run

Code:
    SUBST C: G:\

Then run the installer. If it installs, edit your iPiMP.conf to read G:/Program Files and restart the iPiMPweb service.

Hi, Yes i can see the cover in moving pictures. It's located in the right path...

winniwinter - Does this happen with every Moving Pictures cover art?

PhilUK

Portal Member
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country

PhilUK - Try this, at a command prompt run

Code:
    SUBST C: G:\

Then run the installer. If it installs, edit your iPiMP.conf to read G:/Program Files and restart the iPiMPweb service.

Fantastic, this worked perfectly as far as I can tell so far! Just installed and changed all the iterations of C:\ in the conf file to G:\

Everything seems to be good!

Thanks very much for the advice cheezey!

Edit: I can't get iPiMP to connect to the client (which is the same pc as the tv server) The plugin is activated in MP config. The TV server side of it seems fine!

Edit2: Ok, a restart seems to have broken it... Now when I try to enter any server menu it tells me:
    "!! FUBAR !!
    FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found! Gentle is unable to continue! The handlers emitted the following error messages: Unable to crate GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "G:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\web.config". Unable to create FileHandler for file Gentle.config.....
    There is more if you need the full error.

Edit 3: I had deleted SUBST C: g:\ and now I have reinstated it and it seems to be working ok again. I guess c:\ is built in somewhere in the code?

Cheers
    Phil

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom