iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.2.0

jep :), the previous version worked ok for me....

ohhhh my bad..... I just noticed that I installed the wrong version... sooooorrrryy..... seems to work now!

cheers and thanks again!!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.2.0

jep :), the previous version worked ok for me....

ohhhh my bad..... I just noticed that I installed the wrong version... sooooorrrryy..... seems to work now!

cheers and thanks again!!

:D No problem :D

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.2.0

Hey Cheezey,

Just installed iPimp remote control bit on the lounge PC which is running 1.1.0 RC1 and all appears to work well.......

However when I try using the moving pictures I get a fubar on the phone and MediaPortal on the client crashes....

Anything I can provide to help troubleshoot this?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

Hey Cheezey,

Just installed iPimp remote control bit on the lounge PC which is running 1.1.0 RC1 and all appears to work well.......

However when I try using the moving pictures I get a fubar on the phone and MediaPortal on the client crashes....

Anything I can provide to help troubleshoot this?

Try this....

I have compiled a version of the iPiMP MPClientController process plugin against Moving Pictures 1.0 RC2. This should stop the crashes experienced if using the bundled process plugin with the newest version of the Moving Pictures plugin.

Get it from http://ipimp.googlecode.com/files/MPClientController for Moving Pictures 1.0 RC2.zip

Unzip and copy the dll into C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process over-writing the one that's there.

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hey Cheezey,

Will download and try that....

For the record I'm using.... "moving-pictures-1.0.4-setup"

Iteration

March 19, 2010

Great release and Handbreak can definately offer improvements in encoding speed.

---- First ----
    Been playing around with it a bit and noticed a few bugs

One issue that I have found with it is that the way Handbreak is being called doesn't load the presets properly and encoding therefore happens using the default settings, basically it is just missing the -Z command for loading the presets. (doens't throw any errors, just runs with default encoding settings)

In the logs it is being called like

handbrakecli.exe "iPhone & iPod touch" -i <filein> -o <fileout>

when it needs to be

handbrakecli.exe -Z "iPhone & iPod touch" -i <filein> -o <fileout>

--- Second ---

It appears that handbrake is still used for scheduled encoding, even when FFMPEG is selcted in the plugin options.

I have found that handbrake seems to hang on encoding sometimes when called from the webui. This happens after the encoding is complete such that the output file works fine, but handbrakeCLI doesn't terminate (others seem to be having a similar issue with handbrake see HandBrake &bull; View topic - Encode hangs up at end) This isn't really an issue in functionality but having that tast present after completion of jobs interfers with powerscheduler keeping the PC on during encoding.

And while this isn't a problem in handbrake, it lead me to move back to using FFMPEG until this issue within handbrake is resolved. Upon switching to FFMPEG I found that it was called correctly when "on demand" transcoding jobs are started from the web interface but that the scheduled encoding was still being performed using handbrakeCLI. (observed this from tv.log)

--------------

I have completely removed and reinstalled iPimp to see if this second issue is resolved, but the first is definately still present.

Overall a great piece of software, keep up the good work.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

when it needs to be

Doh! - I'll fix this shortly.

It appears that handbrake is still used for scheduled encoding, even when FFMPEG is selcted in the plugin options.

Did you restart the TVservice after changing from Handbrake to FFmpeg? Each time you set a transcode going from the web UI it reads the settings from the database. However with scheduled transcoding the settings are read when the TVservice starts (I think). This is detailed in the wiki.

Thanks for the feedback!

Iteration

March 19, 2010

when it needs to be

Doh! - I'll fix this shortly.

Did you restart the TVservice after changing from Handbrake to FFmpeg? Each time you set a transcode going from the web UI it reads the settings from the database. However with scheduled transcoding the settings are read when the TVservice starts (I think). This is detailed in the wiki.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ah Don't think that I restarted the TVserver after making that adjustment (I assumed that since it worked from the web it was the same) so will note that's where I went wrong, thanks for that bit of info.

Thanks again for the great software!

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi cheezey. again nice work. after I replaced the dll in the process folder moving pictures works now on my 1.1rc1 client. But I still have the problem when pressing the coverart button in a movie. I get this error:

It says that it couldn't find a part of the path "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\Thumbs\{8.Blickwinkel} [828563675].jpg"

When I enter the url in my explorer I get the cover..is there a probleme with this space in the name?

I'M using a multiseat setup.
    Web Files on the server, client on my htpc

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

It says that it couldn't find a part of the path "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\Thumbs\{8.Blickwinkel} [828563675].jpg"

Can you open that file yourself?

Also can you confirm your iPiMPweb service is running as the SYSTEM account?

Spaces are fine - it works on my setup with spaces like yours. e.g. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\Covers\Thumbs\{The.Bridge.on.the.River.Kwai} [-2115224754].jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom