iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's really the MediaPortal client log that I need to see. It should be there even without watchdog not running.

In Vista/Win7 they are in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

In XP they are in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    mediaportal logs

There where no error logs in the mediaportal map

I just copied the whole log map...

Greets oekie

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    These logs are from your TV Server installation, can you locate your MediaPortal client logs?

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    logs again

I attached them again, but im running a single seated. These logs are all i could find

Greets Oek

tigermad

Portal Member
    November 30, 2008
    !!!! AARRGGHH - POST 666 !!!! - WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

mhm everything works fine from inside LAN - but the recordings do not work from outside...

from outside the LAN i see first the preview png and then i see an arrow with a cross

disaster123 - Does this happen with all your recordings?
    Have you waited for the program transcoding to complete?
    Can you try transcoding at a lower bitrate to test?

Whenever I select "now playing" mediaportal displays a not responding message and I have to shut it down. I am using the latest release of MP.

tigermad - can you complete the tasks detailed the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post the logs.

Does any one know if this works with any of the android phones? i guess it will if it works with chrome but just wondering if any one has tried?

boozelclark - I understand that the android browser is webkit based like mobile safari so will probably work OK.

When adding a MediaPortal Client in iPiMP I get an error saying "Bedroom could not be added", where Bedroom is my Friendly Name. I have also added the IP address for my MP Client/Server.

I'm running MP 1.0.2 final and iPiMP 3.5.0

Any ideas?

torpedo - can you read the tips & tricks section of the wiki and reset your MP clients database.

I have attached a zip as requested. I am running vista and could not find the last 3 files. Looking at the error log it seems to be a problem with the tvdatabase. I am not running a tvcard so have not included the tvserver files since i dont have them.
    Many thanks

Attachments

• zip.zip
      30.6 KB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    I attached them again, but im running a single seated. These logs are all i could find

Greets Oek

Try changing your MediaPortal log level to Debug in the configuration app, then run mediaportal and retyr the iPiMP client features. You should have a log named MediaPortal.log (generated by the MP client), this will contain iPiMP client plugin messages which will hopefully help.

tigermad

Portal Member
    November 30, 2008
    Cheezey

Do you think my problem is because I dont have the tv server installed in mediaportal? Surely it shouldnt make any difference if I only want to use IPIMP for MyMusic.

Ta

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    I have attached a zip as requested. I am running vista and could not find the last 3 files. Looking at the error log it seems to be a problem with the tvdatabase. I am not running a tvcard so have not included the tvserver files since i dont have them.
    Many thanks

There are references in the iPiMP client plugin to TV server, this was done to get the NowPlaying details for TV, Recordings or Radio. As you have not installed TV Server then iPiMP client plugin cannot find these references and crashes. I need to change this behaviour to take account of your configuration.

Can you try the attached replacement iPiMPClient.dll and see if that works.

Attachments

• iPiMPClient.dll.zip
      30.6 KB

tigermad

Portal Member
    November 30, 2008
    Many thanks

There are references in the iPiMP client plugin to TV server, this was done to get the NowPlaying details for TV, Recordings or Radio. As you have not installed TV Server then iPiMP client plugin cannot find these references and crashes. I need to change this behaviour to take account of your configuration.

Can you try the attached replacement iPiMPClient.dll and see if that works.

It works. Thank you sooooooooooo much :)

Just one more question now its working. When I enqueue tracks they add to the playlist but the the playlist starts all over again if it is already playing when I add new tracks. Am I doing something wrong?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom