iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (4 Viewers)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hey Cheezey... Thanks for the update....

I love the streaming TV Series, works like a charm...

Question though, I'm having issue's streaming my H.264 tv channels... It stutters on and off through all channels and there seems to be no audio what so ever.... Can't hear a thing... I"m in New Zealand and we have some unique H.264 broadcasts which might not be compatible with your encoder... Any one out there in NZ using this successfully... Thanks a million man..

The ffmpeg command doesn't do anything with the streams in the source video, it'll just transcode the first video and audio stream it finds. Can you post your Apache\logs\error.log - this will show some info about the source stream you are trying to encode.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hello mate,

Sorry to nag (sound like a woman!) but have you had chance to look at the error message/problem I posted about on the previous page?

Thanks,

J.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Hello mate,

Sorry to nag (sound like a woman!) but have you had chance to look at the error message/problem I posted about on the previous page?

Thanks,

J.

I'm looking into the 'dropping video stream' issue. I could do with some more Apache error logs though that contain the ffmpeg output of when the issue occurs (if anyone else can upload these - that would help).

I've also pinged the SmoothStreaming devs a mail asking if they have any ideas.

:sorry:

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi guys,

Just like to say thanks to Cheezey for a great app :D

I used the previous version while in the US to watch F1 on a 46" TV (via my iphone) - My other half thought it was actually on the TV! :D

I have now upgraded to the this new version (so I get TVSeries), but I am suffering from what other people are getting (black screen and audio only).

This is while watching TV Series over my local Wifi (N standard). It sometimes works and I can watch a whole episode, other times the episode starts to play fine and then reverts to audio only after some time.

I can see the normal bandwidth (when it works) being around ~300Kbps (video + audio), but all of a sudden when the video fails its drops to 64K or less (ie audio only) - the video never recovers.

Anyone got any ideas while the video suddenly stops, but the audio continues?

I also just experienced an issue where the playback just stopped (was viewing on my iPhone over Wifi). The apache log file has the following:

[Fri Nov 19 16:20:47 2010] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Handler for smooth-streaming.extensions returned invalid result code 620018

It was interesting as the log entry had my external IP address listed, but anyway....

I have attached my whole apache error log.

Thanks,

J.

I have the same problem. All the time with 5.1.0. The video drops to only audio after 1 minute or so regardless of whether I am on Wifi or 3g.

bionemesis

Portal Member
    November 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm in the same boat, tried both ffmpeg and Handbrake. Stream stops after a few seconds. I've also noticed that after stopping a stream, I have to stop the TV service and restart it before I can watch again. But, one problem at a time! Log below, and I'm fairly available during the day to test anything if you want. I'll keep an eye on the thread. Thanks.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8351413/error.txt

Andreas26

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

hi guys...

sorry i have to say.......same problem with black sreeen after 10 sec.

i did a new tv server installation. after i noticed the new ipmp doesnt work i wantedf to install the informer version + update.......cannot find it anymore......can someone give me a link to download it?

thx andreas

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Cheezy,

Having a problem with the ipad and TV Streaming. Streaming itself is working like a charm on both my iphone and my ipad - much more stable. However, the done button on the ipad just pauses the stream, and there appears to be no way to get back to the main menu, short of exiting safari and coming back in. This behaviour does not happen on the iphone.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

hi guys...

sorry i have to say.......same problem with black sreeen after 10 sec.

i did a new tv server installation. after i noticed the new ipmp doesnt work i wantedf to install the informer version + update.......cannot find it anymore......can someone give me a link to download it?

thx andreas

All previous versions are still on the Google code page, just deprecated.

Or - you could help try and fix the issue and post some logs?

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Cheezey,

I attached the logs.

The video blanks out to a big Q logo after 10 - 20 seconds but the audio keeps going. This happens all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom