iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (2 Viewers)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hostnames aren't case sensitive on a windows network.

When you click on the MediaPortal Clients menu item it will either take you to a menu of possible clients (for those with multi seat setups) or, if you only have one client, then it should try to connect to that client. If it cannot connect you get an option to try to send a WOL packet to it.

It would help if you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and posted some logs.

Khurram

Portal Pro
May 12, 2008
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
I installed version 5.1.0.755 today using the custom install option (I am already running Apache server) and chose all options except the first one. After editing the iPiMPinclude.conf file for port settings and the web.config file according to your instructions in the wiki, I tried to start the apache server but it complained about missing mod_smooth_streaming.so module. After googling for it, I downloaded a binary module for Apache for Windows from Mod-Smooth-Streaming-Apache - Smooth Streaming - Trac. But I can't get channel streaming to work. When I tap "Play", I get the error
Code:
Not Found
The requested URL /SmoothStream.isml/SmoothStream.m3u8 was not found on this server
I have attached the tvserver log.

Btw, you need to update the instructions in the wiki for custom installs :)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I installed version 5.1.0.755 today using the custom install option (I am already running Apache server) and chose all options except the first one. After editing the iPiMPinclude.conf file for port settings and the web.config file according to your instructions in the wiki, I tried to start the apache server but it complained about missing mod_smooth_streaming.so module. After googling for it, I downloaded a binary module for Apache for Windows from Mod-Smooth-Streaming-Apache - Smooth Streaming - Trac. But I can't get channel streaming to work. When I tap "Play", I get the error
Code:
Not Found
The requested URL /SmoothStream.isml/SmoothStream.m3u8 was not found on this server
I have attached the tvserver log.

Btw, you need to update the instructions in the wiki for custom installs :)

Use this module.

I'll also update the wiki for custom installs.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok heres my logs

there are a few missing..dunno why...
    im running on x64 and i needed to change %programfiles% to /program files (x86) when making the logs if u catch my drift
    the missing ones were:
    /mediaportal/log/error.log
    /mediaportal tv server/log/error.log (was created but empty)
    gentle.config
    apache/logs/error.log

this i operating withj my iphone 3gs in wifi in my local network on a singleseat mp install
    when i put in my hostname for my mediaportal client ..it just hangs and then nothing

i had to kill the ipimp apache serice to get acess to some of the logs
    (why does that feel like a star wars quote)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    You've set the iPiMP client plugin to use port 49152 but something is already listening on that.

MediaPortal.log
    Code:
    2010-12-01 02:09:22.865688 [Info.][(23)]: plugin: iPiMPClient - TCPListener Start error Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
    2010-12-01 02:09:22.865688 [Info.][(23)]: plugin: iPiMPClient - iPiMPClient is NOT listening on TCP port 49152

Open MediaPortal config and set the MPClientController plugin to use a different port (55667 is the default)

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Use this module.
    Using this module works beautifully. I watched livetv last night for about 30 mins on my iphone and no problems whatsoever :D:D Thanks one more time.

One little request. Is it possible to have channels sorted by name in alphabetical order?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Using this module works beautifully. I watched livetv last night for about 30 mins on my iphone and no problems whatsoever :D:D Thanks one more time.

Glad it's working.

One little request. Is it possible to have channels sorted by name in alphabetical order?

iPiMP displays the channels in the order set in TV Server. So you can reorder them in TV Server setup, or do you want to have a different order in iPiMP than in MediaPortal?

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    iPiMP displays the channels in the order set in TV Server. So you can reorder them in TV Server setup, or do you want to have a different order in iPiMP than in MediaPortal?
    I would just like them displayed in alphabetical order. MediaPortal does not show them this way either. So if I can re-order them in TvServer setup, it would be great. But I dont know where is the option to do that. Just clicking on the channel name column header in the "Channels" screen orders the display alphabetically, but MediaPortal still displays them otherwise.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    TV Server Config -> TV Channels - on each TV Channel group tab there's a button to sort by name or by number, click once for ascending, twice for descending.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I assume the module posted above is the same as the one included in 5.1.0? (ie its not a new bug fix version?)

Thanks,

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom