iPiMP on Windows Server 2008 and IIS (1 Viewer)

arzona

Portal Member
March 19, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

My TVServer is installed on Windows Server 2008 with IIS.

Could you tell me if it's possible to install it directly in IIS without Apache?

arzona

Portal Member
March 19, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Thanks for your reply.

I've install iPiMP on my IIS (and I've mapped the two Virtual Directories), but, when I try opening the site, there is an error:

Ligne 51 : </membership>
Ligne 52 : <authentication mode="Forms">
Ligne 53 : <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="DefaultLogin.aspx" protection="All" timeout="" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="Default.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies" />
Ligne 54 : </authentication>
Ligne 55 : <authorization>

On the red line, the value of "timeout" could not be analysed...

(Sorry, but I'm from Belgium and I'm a french user, so I don't speak English very well) :sorry:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Set the timeout value to the number of seconds you want your authentication cookie to last for. Mine is set to 300000.

Code:
<forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="DefaultLogin.aspx" protection="All" timeout="300000" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="Default.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies"/>

You will also need to set the timeout on the roles config too....

Code:
<roleManager defaultProvider="SQLiteRoleProvider" enabled="true" cacheRolesInCookie="true" cookieName=".ASPROLES" cookieTimeout="300000" cookiePath="/" cookieRequireSSL="false" cookieSlidingExpiration="true" cookieProtection="All">

arzona

Portal Member
March 19, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
:D

Great!

Now, the app run correctly and I can open iPiMP with safari (on my iPhone and on my computer).

But I've two problems:

1)
When I try to view live TV, I've a 404 ERROR.
My browser can't find http://tvserver/SmoothStream.isml/SmoothStream.m3u8

2)
When I try to access to the iPiMP settings page (Administration => settings), I've an other error.
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)

arzona

Portal Member
March 19, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Here are the logs files, but some files are missing:

All the log files of MediaPortal aren't here because MediaPortal Client isn't installed on my server.
The Appache's logs are missing too because it isn't installed.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
The installer makes changes to web.config & config.xml (both in the root of the Aspx folder), this probably hasn't happened in your IIS install. Look in those 2 files, any field like ##FieldName## should be replaced with something appropriate (look here for an example web.config).

Thinking about it though, streaming will not work no IIS, the SmoothStreaming module in the installer is for Apache only, the devs do not provide an IIS7 one (they do for IIS6 & 5). You may get it working if you install IIS Media Services 4, that should be able to ingest the ffmpeg output. That would support Silverlight & Apple streams, but not Flash.

arzona

Portal Member
March 19, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

I've solved the problem to access at the settings page:
I've done two modification in Web.config;
[...]
<add key="USETVSERVER" value="true" />
<add key="USEMPCLIENT" value="true" />
<add key="SUBMENU" value="true" />
<add key="PAGESIZE" value="" /> (Old line)
<add key="PAGESIZE" value="20" /> (Modified line)
<add key="RECORDER" value="Date" />
<add key="RECSUBMENU" value="false" />
<add key="RECENTSIZE" value="31" /> (Old line)
<add key="RECENTSIZE" value="5" /> (Modified line)
<add key="MYVIDEOS" value="true" />
<add key="MOVINGPICTURES" value="true" />
<add key="SORTLISTSBYNAME" value="true" />
<add key="GUIDEDAYS" value="7" />
[...]
And now, that's OK (with a little problem of presentation but I'll try to solve it later).

But, for the live streaming, I've installed IIS Media Services 4 (beta) and I've updated the App Pool, but the problem isn't solved... I've the same 404 ERROR.
When I try to view live TV, a new file is created in iPiMP\Aspx\SmoothStream.isml (Stream.txt I think :confused:), but no m3u8 file...
I must certainly modify something...

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I haven't tried this myself with IIS Media Services 4 yet - but it *should* work. I'll look at testing it out when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread