iPiMP on Windows Server 2008 and IIS (1 Viewer)

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think you still need to set values for the cookietimeout and timeout in the config file. I had the same error before I did that. Try opening the ipimp site on your whs server, you'll see a better faultndescription..

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: iPiMP on Windows Server 2008 and IIS

Thanks, that worked with the manual changed timeout settings. The only thing that doesn't work is live streaming and the settings page.

Now i read that live streaming doesn't work with iss at all :/ So i have to install the apache server. This is something i wanted to avoid.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Im trying to get the iis smooth streaming working with an iis7 file from the same developers that the apache uses. So far I cant even get the ipimp website running with that module loaded. Also trying the IIS media service 4.0 that microsoft has developed but I have no clue how to incorporate that.

So looking for other streaming options now...

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
CodeShop's USP IIS7 module does not support live streaming only video on demand. I have also been trying with IIS media services 4 today - I can get it to accept a stream from Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 but not CodeShop's transcoder. So it looks like no streaming with IIS7.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ahhh too bad... maybe just install the apache server then. Thanks for the time and effort!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
Replies
Views
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
Replies
Views
You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
Replies
Views
Decided to try installing x64 v1.33 after seeing this post. I had x86 1.32 installed. Installed x64 first without deleting the x86 version to check it was working. Then deleted x86 version. Then reinstalled x64 as it didn't like it. Anyway streamedMP is working perfectly for me.
Decided to try installing x64 v1.33 after seeing this post. I had x86 1.32 installed. Installed x64 first without deleting the x86...
Not for me... So, I've uninstalled MP (full cleanup), then I've installed MP x64 1.33 only. But, when I've tried to install...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom