iPlayer "error getting dynamic categories" (1 Viewer)

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
Been getting this for the last few days, iPlayer is working fine via my browser just not from within OnlineVideos. Tried updating sites to no avail. Any ideas on getting this operational again.

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Me too, exactly the same. Have tried it on xbmc with their plugin, this also would not work apart from live tv. I guess there have been some changes to iplayer recently. Suprised more people have not reported this, thought it was just me.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm working on a fix. The BBC have shut down their RSS feeds, which was how we got the iPlayer info, so I'm having to do a complete rewrite. Might be able to get a new version out this eve with a bit of luck...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've pushed an update, update your sites in OV to get the latest version. I haven't tested extensively so let me know if you have any issues.

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Well that seems to have fixed it, live feeds not working but then IIRC they didn't beforehand. Big thank you for this!!!

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Interestingly it seems to have fixed another issue I was having with streaming BBC content. I had been unable to stream iPlayer material for quite some time and was resorting to concurrent downloading which was working well. Whenever I tried to stream it would play for a short while and then stop, hanging mediaportal completely and forcing me to "End Task" it from Task Manager. Now streaming is working perfectly. :)

robcarter

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi
    tried online videos ( this afternoon (2/11/14) updated sites but still get the error message "error getting dynamic categories" message

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    It's working OK here, are you definitely sure you've updated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hey doskabouter, Thanks for the quick fix! Works like a charm now Still staying true to MePo. I know development may be kind of slow on some parts, but no reason for me to give up. Been using it for years now and it never failed me. Only wish I had the skill set to help out.
    Hey doskabouter, Thanks for the quick fix! Works like a charm now Still staying true to MePo. I know development may be kind of...
    For anyone that may have a clue and a pointer to help me out here; Just tried to enable the login function for the YouTube site...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Australia - DVB-EPG - does it work? DE
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom