iPlayer "error getting dynamic categories" (1 Viewer)

robcarter

Portal Pro
February 19, 2010
Home Country
England England
hi
i started mediaportal, selected online videos, the update box came up, but I still get the error, live tv fails with a no data message. Logs attached

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.zip
    2.2 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You've definitely still got the old version of iPlayer. It looks like OV fails to update your sites, are you running the latest version of OV? Maybe @offbyone can help?

Live streams aren't currently working, I will try and look into this when I get some time.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll need debug logs from an MP run where OV tries to update the sites.
    A wild guess would be you are runnign win7 uac enabled and MP has no rights to update the dlls, so normally an UAV prompt would show up (unless you have MP set to always on top?)

robcarter

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi
    I turned off UAC, rebooted and tried an update, the update site box appeared but I still get the "error getting dynamic categories" box. logs attached. Interestingly if I try and access the site manager form OV i get a blank screen, is this normal?
    *EDIT, logs re-uploaded with debug setting in MP

Attachments

• log 031114-debug.zip
      637 KB
    Last edited:

robcarter

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    that was the problem, i run a smoothwall firewall, and squid was blocking the http request for some reason, i added a rule to iptables and that sorted the problem.
    thanks for your help

Threarah

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just a minor issue - the A-Z category doesn't seem to be working properly - selecting a letter returns an empty list.

scotstrength

Portal Member
    February 5, 2008
    Prague
    Anyone experiencing problems again?
    I just installed online videos for the first time in years and updated both MP to 1.9 and OV and now the only thing which plays is ITV,
    BBC content cannot be found?
    I did some googling and it seems the BeeB has changed from RSS feeds to their own API called Nitro - http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/feeds
    Does this mean we no longer have the ability to access Iplayer via any source apart from through a browser?
    Anyone got any fixes in the pipeline?

Thoughts??

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hey doskabouter, Thanks for the quick fix! Works like a charm now Still staying true to MePo. I know development may be kind of slow on some parts, but no reason for me to give up. Been using it for years now and it never failed me. Only wish I had the skill set to help out.
    Hey doskabouter, Thanks for the quick fix! Works like a charm now Still staying true to MePo. I know development may be kind of...
    For anyone that may have a clue and a pointer to help me out here; Just tried to enable the login function for the YouTube site...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Australia - DVB-EPG - does it work? DE
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, i'm absent from MP forum since a while now, looking your logs, your video is 23.96Hz, but your screen is already in 25hz, and after try to enable 50Hz ? So, MP detecte 23 hz and want to switch TV to 25 hz, but can't and MP want switch to 50hz try to start change frequency before MP Start, on windows parameter. i remember...
    Hello, i'm absent from MP forum since a while now, looking your logs, your video is 23.96Hz, but your screen is already in 25hz...
    After finally managing to get DRR working on my Intel Integrated Graphics 630 based setup, which was down to the default ON setting...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom