IRSS Set up in 1.3 Titan (1 Viewer)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please help...I have been going round in circles trying to set up IRSS in the titan skin.I am running Mediaportal 1.3.0
    I have IMON fitted in my case.Looking for some guidance please:confused: :confused: :confused:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tony,

I'm presuming you've downloaded the latest version of IRSS. In which case you need to install IRSS as an application. This will install a tray icon which should be green. Then you need to install (if you haven't already) Imon manager and set this up according to your remote, i.e. mine is set as MCE as I use the windows mce remote instead of the imon remotes.

Unfortunately you cannot run Imon frontview as well as Irss natively, IRSS will always kill Imon. To deal with that you install the 3 files found here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/imon-kill-manager-rar.113296/

Turn of IRSS on the tray first and then quit out of IRSS completely, replace the files in the IRSS directory, restart IRSS and go in to the imon tab and select the don't kill Imon tick box. This will allow you to run frontview as well as IRSS.

My advice is then to go in to Imon manager and delete all the detected applications and deselect the box that detects applications on startup. This will allow IRSS to have full control over the remote interface, rather than it conflicting with aspects of Imon assigned stuff. The only things you cannot change are the windows standard ones, these are ties to Imon/Windows rather than IRSS.

Once all this is done, you should have both IMon and IRSS running at the same time.

After this, you can now go to MP config and select the IRSS configuration key settings under processes section. This will allow you to map the controls correctly.

Once done, it should all work fine!

Holla if you need further help

Chris

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'd recommend you spend ~$15 USD incl P&P and get an MCE compatible IR remote + receiver from ebay (HK/China). The Imon gear is incredibly finicky and inconsistently works with MePo.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would at least try it first. I'm using the Antec Fusion Max case with Imon and a Logitech Harmony set to MCE mode. Simply using IRSS and the inbuilt Imon receiver in the case works perfectly for my needs, does everything the remote can do.

IF you can't get it working and its frustrating, what Kiwi said is the easiest option... I just hate having extra dongles lying around :)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi Tony,

I'm presuming you've downloaded the latest version of IRSS. In which case you need to install IRSS as an application. This will install a tray icon which should be green. Then you need to install (if you haven't already) Imon manager and set this up according to your remote, i.e. mine is set as MCE as I use the windows mce remote instead of the imon remotes.

Unfortunately you cannot run Imon frontview as well as Irss natively, IRSS will always kill Imon. To deal with that you install the 3 files found here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/imon-kill-manager-rar.113296/

Turn of IRSS on the tray first and then quit out of IRSS completely, replace the files in the IRSS directory, restart IRSS and go in to the imon tab and select the don't kill Imon tick box. This will allow you to run frontview as well as IRSS.

My advice is then to go in to Imon manager and delete all the detected applications and deselect the box that detects applications on startup. This will allow IRSS to have full control over the remote interface, rather than it conflicting with aspects of Imon assigned stuff. The only things you cannot change are the windows standard ones, these are ties to Imon/Windows rather than IRSS.

Once all this is done, you should have both IMon and IRSS running at the same time.

After this, you can now go to MP config and select the IRSS configuration key settings under processes section. This will allow you to map the controls correctly.

Once done, it should all work fine!

Holla if you need further help

Chris
    Hi,thanks for the guide,I have followed but can't find 'the imon tab and select the don't kill Imon tick box'.I installed the three files to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite',is that right?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tony,

The dll called 'Imon USB receivers.dll' should be placed in to the Imon directory in the plugins directory of IRSS. If you look in there you'll see something that says Imon, and that file already exists. Overwrite it with the one in the Rar file and that should enable the additional tab and tick box.

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks,that worked a treat,now if I can only get mediaportal to start with green button lol

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Easy :) Go in to Imon Manager and look through the options till you find a page full of applications that can be started by the green button. Think it is on the fourth set of tabs and includes things like frontview, exclusive mode etc. Infact its under 'Imon Utilities' and its the first option called 'Application Launch(er)'. Select MediaPortal from there and that will allow you to run MP from the green button.

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Easy :) Go in to Imon Manager and look through the options till you find a page full of applications that can be started by the green button. Think it is on the fourth set of tabs and includes things like frontview, exclusive mode etc. Infact its under 'Imon Utilities' and its the first option called 'Application Launch(er)'. Select MediaPortal from there and that will allow you to run MP from the green button.

Not quite what I am after,I want to start Mediaportal using the green button on the remote,keep getting 'Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy.....',I have tried clicking 'disable policy services and checked autostart mptray' in mepo config :confused:[DOUBLEPOST=1364031561][/DOUBLEPOST]My mistake,you were correct,i foolishly tried to do it right clicking Imon manager,then Imon utilities and doing it that way...what a fool lol.Thanks very much for your help

Users who are viewing this thread