is multiple dvb bug gone in sp3 (1 Viewer)

michaelrmgre

January 14, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I searched but couldn't find the answer - Is the multiple dvb tuners bug still present in WinXP sp3? TIA.

wojciech_ste

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Vienna/Austria
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi Mechaelrmgre,
I'm not sure which bug do you mean, but after installing SP3 for WinXP you need to install again the DVB hotfix. Firewire and Videoplayback hotfix you don't need after installing of SP3.

michaelrmgre

January 14, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The page showing OS requirements states that a bug in WinXP made the use of more than one DVB tuners impossible. I was wondering if this restriction is fixed in sp3. I have two dvb tuners (Leadtek Winfast DTV1000T). I was wondering if I could use them both? Thanks.

wojciech_ste

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Vienna/Austria
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,
If you install DVB fix you can use as many DVB-Cards as you can install into your PC with WinXP as operation system. The files in the DVB fix comes from Windows MCE.
This bug will be not repared in WinXP because Microsoft will sel Windows MCE and not WinXP as multimedia OS.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    ... and yes it is still a problem in XP SP3. Microsoft never bundled those updated MCE files into XP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically picked up the other movie.
    Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically...
    I added 3 movies, out of the 3 it picked up 2 and imported. I restarted MP multiple times but it still wouldn't pick it up. Added 2...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    Hello Folks, Although the New MediaPortal Version 2.5 looks great so far, it seems that it still has major Bugs? I created a...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom