Is this too slow? (1 Viewer)

HammerFeet

Portal Member
October 19, 2005
I have a 1.2 Ghz AMD Duron with 1 Gig of RAM
80 GB Hard Drive & 64 MB Geforce 4 Video Card

Media Portal is Choppy...

I do have a P4 2.0 Ghz processor/Board... would that be enough? with teh 1 Gig of RAM & Video Card?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Its a DirectX 7 card.

The 9200 is a DX8.1 card, but this will only put a little extra strain on the cpu. The cpu bridging the DX7 to DX9 gap is much too much work.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The GeForce 4 NON MX is still a DirectX 8.1 series card. You will still notice a slowdown, but not nearly as bad as a DirectX 7 card.

Your 1.2 Ghz AMD Duron with 1 Gig of RAM is more than enough for Mediaportal; Mediaportal's power resides in the fact that is uses DirectX 9 functions to work, and anything lower than a DirectX 9 card is going to have to emulate functions on the CPU.

Get a cheap DirectX 9 card like an FX5200 or 6200 series card or better. A lot of people use these types of cards even though they may not be for gaming, they are great for simply using Mediaportal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.3 mp2.3.2 slow Client DE
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET Memory Profiler or .NET Memory Profiler By Redgate | ANTS Memory Profiler help or not?
    Who know this dotMemory: a Memory Profiler & Unit-Testing Framework for .NET by JetBrains or In-depth .NET Memory Profiling - .NET...
    Hello everyone. I have this "little" problem. MediaPortal, when fully booted and finished checking folders with videos, occupies...
    Replies
    Views
    Glückwunsch zum Erfolg, auch wenn der Weg mehr als steinig war und ich Niemandem Vergleichbares wünsche.
    Glückwunsch zum Erfolg, auch wenn der Weg mehr als steinig war und ich Niemandem Vergleichbares wünsche.
    Vorbemerkung: UPH-Zitate stammen von deren Webpräsenz, die Zitate von Cyberlink und Intel sind ebenfalls von deren Webpräsenz...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
    I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
    Replies
    Views
    I am trying to play LiveTV video within RadioTime plug-in and can't get any video channels to play. All the radio channels play fine. Most of the video files are Windows Media Video v8/9/10 I made sure both wmv3 wmv10 codecs in LAV and FFDshow are checked. I see that RadioTime is now a new software company called TuneIn How do I find...
    I am trying to play LiveTV video within RadioTime plug-in and can't get any video channels to play. All the radio channels play...
    I am trying to play LiveTV video within RadioTime plug-in and can't get any video channels to play. All the radio channels play...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom