It's Alive... (1 Viewer)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
If you read their forums, you only find the information we already had: The Meedios project is a project for a) maintaining old Meedio plugins and b) building up a Meedio-like htpc app from scratch. No words about the old Meedio sources being GPL'ed... So that information in the first link above could be wrong. Also they once contacted us some time ago. After asking if they were related in any way to the old Meedio project (/sources), they said they aren't.

In case they really are GPL (the new Meedios sources are), it could be a great benefit for both projects, for MediaPortal and Meedios. Depends on the will to corporate, tho...

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank you for a promt and good answer Mpod. I recon the meedio-followers like their "old" htpc-app and why shouldn't they? We (I) can only hope that instead of starting a new project, "they" could jump on the fast moving MP-wagon and help MP bocome the only sane choice for HTPC-people. ;)

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    as I've said before the only thing I miss from meedio is it's database handling (and imports etc.) and the much much easier way of handling the menu items and external program calls (which to be totally honest, shouldn't be like what it is in MP anyway)

...but MP has much more in other areas that can cover for those

I wish luck to them and all open-source/GPL projects, they can only do good

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The response time on the www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/ site has been slow for the past couple of days but tonight it is worse and it is frequently timing out!
    The response time on the www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/ site has been slow for the past couple of days but tonight it is worse and...
    The response time on the www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/ site has been slow for the past couple of days but tonight it is worse and...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the information. I completely new to this topic but your reply is exactly what I needed. Appreciate it!
    Thanks for the information. I completely new to this topic but your reply is exactly what I needed. Appreciate it!
    After initially having some success with MP2 (ver. 2.4.1).....I've been trying to get TVMosaic to work. Now, I seem to have...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom