Kernel error when scanning for new channels (1 Viewer)

Lyechee

January 20, 2017
Home Country
France France
What? I launched the channel research and my computer showed at the 6th line a blue screen and rebooted. Then I used The Log tool of MP2 to give you that file..

Where did I go wrong?

I saw somewhere else that it could be a usb3 problem but it's plugged on a usb2 port. The motherboard drivers are installed, same for the tuner stick..

But still the blue screen of the death..

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It does sound like a possible driver issue seeing your getting Blue Screens.
    I do not know anything about a terratec t1 but maybe one of the Dev's will have an answer..

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lyechee
    From your screenshot I can see you do not use MP2.1, but MP2 earler version.
    Simply because the top menu has old icons.

I recommend to install MP2.1 Pre-Release before any further testing.

Lyechee

January 20, 2017
    Home Country
    France France
    Once again I reinstalled Mediaportal but this time the prerelease version as suggested. I also made sure the drivers of the tuner were installed. I don't find usb drivers for my motherboard, I don't even know if drivers for usb ports exist.. In case it would interest anyone, it's a ASUS B150I Aura.

Then I went in the MP Client and enabled then option I couldn't find on Spring version.

By the way, the blue screen remains, here is my log. Thanks for your patience, it's very kind from you all especially you @breese .

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your Terratec tuner is correctly recognized:
    [2017-01-21 02:39:36,396] [3649 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Detected new digital BDA tuner device TerraTec T1 Tuner @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_0ccd&pid_10ae#5&521a615&0&7#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{cacacefd-1b5f-49f4-af24-0ce559cc1e6d}
    [2017-01-21 02:39:36,410] [3663 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - tuner type = DvbT
    [2017-01-21 02:39:36,410] [3663 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: add device TerraTec T1 Tuner @device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_0ccd&pid_10ae#5&521a615&0&7#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{cacacefd-1b5f-49f4-af24-0ce559cc1e6d}

By the way, the blue screen remains, here is my log.
    So you opened the TV Configuration, then selected your country and region for your card, searched for channels and keep getting a blue screen. This looks much more like a Terratec driver issue on Windows. Can you check the Windows event manager for details, i.e. faulty module, error number, etc.? All these things are displayed on the blue screen.

You could also try to use Terratec's own software to verify that you can actually scan and view you cable channels. If you'd like to try this, you should stop the Mediaportal 2 Server Service in Windows services so that there aren't two different softwares accessing the tuner.

Lyechee

January 20, 2017
    Home Country
    France France
    You smelled the problem.. I installed Terratec's HomeCinema and the same problem happens, at the 6th of 49 bandwith, I get a blue screen.

I don't have anything you said on it, where can I get something else then the error code "Kernel Check Failure"?
    So you told me it is a driver problem but I installed the drivers from Terratec's website..
    I don't understand anything..

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You smelled the problem.. I installed Terratec's HomeCinema and the same problem happens, at the 6th of 49 bandwith, I get a blue screen.
    OK, this confirms that the Terratec driver itself is the faulty component. You don't need to look any further on Windows or MediaPortal level.

So you need to somehow exclude band #6 from scan. I don't have cable TV here. Maybe somebody else can help to edit the MediaPortal scan/frequency list to exclude #6.

Users who are viewing this thread