[solved] (Kodi issue) MCE Remote not working in 1.13pre. Worked fine in 1.12 (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the log files Jon. Unfortunately they have not been collected properly, so they're no good. Here are step-by-step instructions:
    1. Close MediaPortal.
    2. Open MediaPortal Configuration.
    3. Navigate to the "remotes & input devices section".
    4. Go to the "Microsoft MCE" tab within that section.
    5. Untick "use Microsoft MCE remote or keyboard".
    6. Go to the "HID" tab.
    7. Tick "use generic HID device".
    8. Tick "extended logging".
    9. Close MediaPortal Configuration.
    10. Start the Watchdog tool.
    11. Select option 1 ("report a bug to Team MediaPortal") to start MediaPortal with all plugins disabled.
    12. Click "proceed".
    13. Attempt to use your Harmony Touch for at least 30 seconds. Try to test as many buttons as possible in case some are working and some are not. This may require using a separate keyboard to [for example] navigate into the music section and test the play/pause/stop/FF/RW buttons if the navigation buttons/mechanism is not working.
    14. Close MediaPortal and collect the zip file.
    15. Repeat steps 10 through 14 for the MCE RC-6 remote.
    16. Attach the 2 zip files here.
    17. Give us as many details as you can about the MCE RC-6 remote - vendor, model #, any identifying labels/marks... a picture if you can.
    P.S. To be clear, the key points you missed were 5 and 8.

Thank you in advance :)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I might have a handle on this - I too had some problem using my original MCE remote after upgrading to 1.13 final
    I had to copy some missing sections of the appropriate XML file from the MCE remote one. Specifically the volume +/- and mute bits.
    The XMLs are here: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings
    I simply copied the missing bits from the MCE version to the Generic-HID one et voila!
    Be careful and back these up FIRST though - they are the default settings that get applied once you press the 'reset' button on the mappings settings page in the remote config.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @SpudR
    So to be clear: you had problems with three buttons - volume +/- and mute - ... but was it only those three buttons?

@Stéphane Lenclud
    Is it possible that mappings for the aforementioned buttons are missing?

...remembering that Kevin said none of his buttons except up/down/left/right and OK worked, and Jon hasn't specified which if any buttons are or are not working on his 2 remotes.

JonHancock

Portal Member
    December 17, 2007
    Hi,

Hopefully these are now complete and correct. Basically the same as Kevin that only the direction buttons and the OK buttons work. The MCE remote is the official Microsoft model 1039.

Hope the logs help.

Cheers,
    Jon.

Attachments

• 20160105_233646.jpg
      20160105_233646.jpg
      1.6 MB
    • 20160105_233658.jpg
      20160105_233658.jpg
      1.6 MB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Added from the file Microsoft MCE.xml (in the aforementioned path)
    Lines 62 - 67 (inclusive)
    <button name="Volume +" code="16">
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="103" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>
    <button name="Volume -" code="17">
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="102" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>

and from 89 - 91 (inclusive)
    <button name="Mute" code="14">
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="9982" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>
    To the file generic-HID.xml at line 165 (I made a space).
    I guess it might work to simply copy ALL the contents to the appropriate place in the MCE XML file...

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone with problems getting standard MCE devices to work with HID handler please try the HID demo and see if it receives your inputs.
    Take screenshots and report back here, thanks.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please guys also note that older versions of Shortcut'er and Auto3D plugins have known issues with HID handler.

You can easily run MP without plugins and default skin using our Watchdog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom