Legal entity Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bulkzooi

Hello,

Can someone tell the legal entity behind Mediaportal?

Thanks in advance.

it's just that I want to donate but I can't find to whom I'm donating before hitting proceed.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why would you want to donate, most 1 posters ask for help.

MediaPortal is free, so in no way feel obligated to donate, spend some time around the forum and hopefully you will appreciate then the time (not money) donated by users here.

Welcome to the wonderful world of MP

B

bulkzooi

You confuse me a little but here I go:
    I am a user and reader; not a poster. I would like to donate but first I would like to know to whom I am donating.

B

bulkzooi

Luckily there was a really nice admin who gave me an email to have this discussion via email. So same question asked via email. Thanks.

This discussion is settled by mail. Thanks for the seriously reply to my questions.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Would never advise a first time poster to donate to any product they have only just switched too (from xbmc I believe), they may not get things right for them and only time tells.

Regards

B

bulkzooi

To many assumptions mate....
    1> I am using Mediaportal for quit some time now (I already stated this earlier).
    2> The reason for me to donate can be because I feel sorry for the level of moderations; "Go back to school" would be my message all along.

So, be carefull what you post as a moderator. Especially, when there is no legal entity! So thanks for your advice but consider this a little advice also.

Feel free to have some more discussion.

ps. Like I said, this discussion was settled. Off course, you're free to advice (although, it seems more like spreading some discomfort) but make sure you have got your facts straight.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    1> I am using Mediaportal for quit some time now (I already stated this earlier).

Did you? I also missed that.

2> The reason for me to donate can be because I feel sorry for the level of moderations;

Oh, I wouldn't worry. No reason to feel sorry for anyone here.

"Go back to school" would be my message all along.

Now that is a little offensive and uncalled for.

So, be carefull what you post as a moderator. Especially, when there is no legal entity! So thanks for your advice but consider this a little advice also.

Clearly I am new to this discussion, but to me the tone of that (and in particular your repeated mention of legal entities) is slightly threatening. I am sure you did not intend it that way. Ray's comment was entirely inoffensive, and did not warrant your response.

My personal opinion is that you should tone it down a bit.

Feel free to have some more discussion.

I don't think any more is needed.

Regards,

Mark

B

bulkzooi

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Did you? I also missed that.

haha, what a joke. You as a senior test manager knows this product is so bugy that you assume every user should come to the forum. Believe me, I have tested and used every media center available.

The rest of your comments I ignore.

Huh. Now here is something that we dont need here. I'm in no another reation to portal user, not even donator, except few fixes and advices. But your behavior is clearly bad. If you don't understad what open source is all about, I think you should read public licenses for starter.

Why are you after legal entity anyway?. Are you planning of making legal actions aganist mediaportal or what?. Was it just scam to for wanting to donate so that you can get info of some juridical person?.

You don't have to use Mp if you don't like it.

I just cant understand these people still exist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread