[Pending] Live commercial skip detection (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good news!
    So, all looking good, and I am sure this can be fixed, but IMO not yet ready for 1.6.0. I am happy to help with further testing.
    I'll let you know when I have the fix ready for testing.

Thanks. Could you also supply the comskip.ini file so that we are all using the same for testing?

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So, I've got everything pretty much worked out, but I'm a little stumped as to the best way to get commercial file changes in a multiseat environment when using RTSP. The only thing I can think of is to set a timer in the TVPlugin to go and ask the server for a new commercial file every 60 seconds or so, but this is not an ideal method. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been reviewing the following commit below when RTSP commercial skipping was first added.

http://sources.team-mediaportal.com...l/Core/Player/g_player.cs&rev=26857&peg=19528

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I've built some changes into the TVPlugin to hopefully make this work, but before I push them I would like to test it out. Does anyone know how I can force Media Portal to use RTSP for a recording even if it's local to the TVServer? I don't have another PC setup with Media Portal, using the built in TVPlugin.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I've built some changes into the TVPlugin to hopefully make this work, but before I push them I would like to test it out. Does anyone know how I can force Media Portal to use RTSP for a recording even if it's local to the TVServer? I don't have another PC setup with Media Portal, using the built in TVPlugin.

One thing you need to be aware of is that we are in codefreeze on the TV side of things, after a couple of already agreed fixes. Therefore if this needs to change the TvPlugin there is a good chance it cannot be included in 1.6.0.

Of course, it is always possible to put a patch/binaries into area 51 for wider testing, so don't let this discourage you.

The reason for the code freeze is a focus on TV Engine version 3.5.

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country

One thing you need to be aware of is that we are in codefreeze on the TV side of things, after a couple of already agreed fixes. Therefore if this needs to change the TvPlugin there is a good chance it cannot be included in 1.6.0.

Of course, it is always possible to put a patch/binaries into area 51 for wider testing, so don't let this discourage you.

There will be no way to make RTSP work without a change to the TVPlugin. UNC and local work just fine. I guess it will be up to the team as to whether they want to push the live patch (MP side of things), knowing RTSP live commercial skip won't work or not... Thanks for letting me know. My question still stands though as I would like to test the changes I made to the TVPlugin for RTSP, and am not sure how to force the plugin to use RTSP.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

There will be no way to make RTSP work without a change to the TVPlugin. UNC and local work just fine. I guess it will be up to the team as to whether they want to push the live patch (MP side of things), knowing RTSP live commercial skip won't work or not... Thanks for letting me know. My question still stands though as I would like to test the changes I made to the TVPlugin for RTSP, and am not sure how to force the plugin to use RTSP.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tvplugin-avoiding-rtsp-in-multiseat-mode-test-plz.36735/

Took me a while to find it.

open "mediaportal.xml" and insert this new "usertsp" tag.

<section name="tvservice">
    <entry name="usertsp">yes</entry>

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    At this point I have everything fixed up and working properly, unfortunately in order to get RTSP to work changes are definitely required to both the TVPlugin and the TVServer. Since there is a blackout on these what do you suggest I do? I could push just the changes for Media Portal, and then we could get those tested and ready for release, this will work with local recordings and UNC recordings. Once TV 3.5 is released we would only have to push the changes related to RTSP and no further changes would be required to Media Portal as it would be ready for these changes.

A couple of notes on the changes made:
    1. Commercial skipping has gone back to only using txt file like before, except now it can read them live
    2. I added the requested change to manual skip forward where it will now remember the skip from position. You can them assign the new action (ACTION_SKIP_BACK_PREVIOUS_JUMP) to whatever button you want to skip back.
    3. Added an event for Skin dev's to subscribe to to be notified when there are changes to the chapter segments (I'm not sure this is necessary as they may load on demand (when the progress bar shows) anyway)

I'll be updating the OP shortly to reflect the changes that were made.

Please let me know what you think in regards to pushing the changes.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Massive thanks for this.

I'd say we get this into a GIT branch and fully tested. Then if people want to test it, they can do, including in area 51.

The TV devs can then see the code.

But I also like your idea of separating the fixes out, so maybe we can do as you suggest and fix the singleseat/UNC path version.

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country

Attachments

• comskip.txt
      5.8 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005