[solved] Live TV subtitle issue if not using 100% font (1 Viewer)

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
Country flag
On TV I always use 125% or 150% fonts but I found that live TV will not display subtitle but if changed it to 100% it is fine. No problem with movie.

Teletext subtitle here in Australia

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
Country flag
I think this scaling problem happened with MP1 before when they first enable Teletext subtitle on Live TV.

Found SD Channel, subtitle very tiny.

Found the scaling issue thread that MP1 that I posted and tested.

Also found that the yellow button didn't work with TV subtitle but OK with movie.

How to change the font size on TV subtitle?

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    You mean 2.2.2. correct?

The yellow button should now work. However, sometimes it is necessary to restart the playback before subs will actually display - something for @aspik

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Country flag
    You mean 2.2.2. correct?

The yellow button should now work. However, sometimes it is necessary to restart the playback before subs will actually display - something for @aspik
    Yes 2.2.2, the actually exe inside the zip said MediaPortal_2_2.2.1.exe, do you think it packed incorrectly?

I mean the scaling of subtitle didn't scale correctly if the fonts set to 125 or 150%. Because as I mentioned before, on big screen TV or 4K display we can't use 100% scale and layout, we have to use 125-200% depends on the resolution of the TV.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    the zip said MediaPortal_2_2.2.1.exe, do you think it packed incorrectly?
    No, the zip is OK, only the filename is not entirely correct.

I mean the scaling of subtitle didn't scale correctly if the fonts set to 125 or 150%.
    This depends on the type of subtitles that your provider is broadcasting. @aspik , I never tested this with different scaling, but I vaguely remember that the teletext subs were using fixed fonts and DVD subs would scale, but maybe not.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Country flag
    Any reason I can't post on the other thread? I posted on there before.

I got this "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Any reason I can't post on the other thread? I posted on there before.
    Yes, it is now "archived". It was anyway about language selection, not scaling. So I suggest that you open a new one to not lose track of the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    S Australia live TV teletext subtitle General 4
    S IPTV from online m3u8 for Aussie Live TV General Support 9
    K Flickering live TV playback Newcomers Forum 3
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    torone Dritter versuch mit Mediaportal 2 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    vvulture UNKNOWN ERROR when starting live TV General Support 6
    H random black screen live tv and videos (amended) General Support 0
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    404 How to turn off narration on live tv General 2
    Volker MP2 Rewind / zurückspulen bei Live TV funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    G Occasional Black screen on Live TV and Recorded TV Watch / Listen Media 5
    G Live Tv friert ein Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 47
    U [solved] Beginner needs help recording live TV General 19
    limpwhizkid 1.22.0 Stutter and or artifact problem when recording and watching the same live tv channel 1.22 2
    rbo Fehlermeldung im Live-TV TV / Streaming 6
    R Pixellation on live TV every few seconds General Support 11
    M After a while Live TV or Recorded TV doesn't play first time General Support 9
    S [solved] Live TV playing stopped General 13
    S Mediaportal 1.22 Pre-Release remote live-tv freezes MediaPortal 1.22 Pre Release 0
    H Live TV info OSD not displaying number of audio channels General Support 3
    E [solved] No Live TV in MP2.2 Client - Can TEST Successfully in "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" utility General 8
    D Skip to end/live during dvbip recording causes it to stop playing instead. General Support 15
    porky996t Still Unable to play Live or Recorded TV General Support 4