[solved] Live TV subtitle issue if not using 100% font (1 Viewer)

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
On TV I always use 125% or 150% fonts but I found that live TV will not display subtitle but if changed it to 100% it is fine. No problem with movie.

Teletext subtitle here in Australia

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
I think this scaling problem happened with MP1 before when they first enable Teletext subtitle on Live TV.

Found SD Channel, subtitle very tiny.

Found the scaling issue thread that MP1 that I posted and tested.

Also found that the yellow button didn't work with TV subtitle but OK with movie.

How to change the font size on TV subtitle?

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You mean 2.2.2. correct?

The yellow button should now work. However, sometimes it is necessary to restart the playback before subs will actually display - something for @aspik

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    You mean 2.2.2. correct?

The yellow button should now work. However, sometimes it is necessary to restart the playback before subs will actually display - something for @aspik

Yes 2.2.2, the actually exe inside the zip said MediaPortal_2_2.2.1.exe, do you think it packed incorrectly?

I mean the scaling of subtitle didn't scale correctly if the fonts set to 125 or 150%. Because as I mentioned before, on big screen TV or 4K display we can't use 100% scale and layout, we have to use 125-200% depends on the resolution of the TV.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the zip said MediaPortal_2_2.2.1.exe, do you think it packed incorrectly?
    No, the zip is OK, only the filename is not entirely correct.

I mean the scaling of subtitle didn't scale correctly if the fonts set to 125 or 150%.
    This depends on the type of subtitles that your provider is broadcasting. @aspik , I never tested this with different scaling, but I vaguely remember that the teletext subs were using fixed fonts and DVD subs would scale, but maybe not.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Any reason I can't post on the other thread? I posted on there before.

I got this "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any reason I can't post on the other thread? I posted on there before.
    Yes, it is now "archived". It was anyway about language selection, not scaling. So I suggest that you open a new one to not lose track of the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread