LiveTV freezes and shows a lot of artifacts (1 Viewer)

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Lelystad
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Attached tsreader.log and evr.log

Thanks in advance for analyzing.

Regards,
Nico

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Lelystad
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Tony,

System specs added in my personal profile ;) I have attached a second log. It shows no continuity errors between 12:17 and 15:18 (same channel, Disney HD). Problems are very intermittent. I think it's getting worse when frequent channel switching or timeshifting/pausing. Database activity on server? I tried several versions of TsReader.ax, unfortunately without improvement.

Regards,
    Nico

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Have you tried playing a recording (which shows the error problems) locally i.e. played from the hard disk in the client ? Does it show the errors in that situation ?

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Lelystad
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When playing recorded TV (on client) no problems at all, never seen artifacts/pixelation in this situation! While watching live TV and those artifacts occur, they are gone in the same scene when stepping back (for example 15 seconds) in timeshift buffer. Strange isn't it?

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the last weeks I upgraded m HTPC.

Previously I used a AMD E-450, which was fine and enough (CPU load was always under 30-40 %). Now I use a AMD A4-4000.

Also I made a new clean installation with Windows 8 instead of Windows 7.

With my old AMD E-450 i was only able to use the LAV Filter, now I my HTPC has the power to use LAV Filter, AMD Video Decoder and Micosoft DTV Decoder. All of them work great and I can't see any difference (also CPU load is identically).

First I thought the artifacts were gone, but suddenly they reappeared :-( I don't know, if it is better, because in the past there were also days or sometimes a whole week were no artifacts were visible with my old AMD E-450.

So:

- It has nothing to do with the TV Tuner (it happens with TBS 6922 and DD Cine S2 V6.5)
    - It has nothing to do with my satellite dish, LNB or the connected cables
    - It has nothing to do with CPU and GPU (it happens with AMD E-450 and AMD A4-4000)
    - It has nothing to do with Windows-Version (Win 7 and Win8)
    - It has nothing to do with the Filter (it happens with LAV Filter, AMD Video Decoder and Microsoft DTV Decoder)
    - It has nothing to do with my Oscam-Server (Response time is about 140ms, also while artifacts are visible there is nothing to see on my server, also it works since years with all my other dvb-s2 sat-receivers)
    - It started with MediaPortal 1.3.0

I tried 1.4 Pre-Alpha and also the latest version from the forum.

I tried a lot of LAV Filter versions, and now AMD and Microsoft Decoder.

I tried different driver versions for tv tuner and GPU.

I tried different TSReader versions.

Until now I was unable to test without MDAPI Plus, because at the moment the issue happens only 1x per Week and without MDAPI Plus there are no TV channels I can watch ;-) But as said, there are people who having this issue without using MDAPI Plus and also there are people how are using MDAPI Plus having this issue with MP but not, if they use XMBC. And everything started with MP 1.3. With MP 1.2.x and MDAPI Plus there were no problem.

Also a lot of people (incl. of your team) here using MDAPI Plus without any issues.

I would like to help to find the issue and so of course you can send me special debug versions to find the issue. The TS Readers which were uploaded a few weeks here in this tread didn't work for me as said in the past.

Best regards,
    Sascha

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    When playing recorded TV (on client) no problems at all, never seen artifacts/pixelation in this situation! While watching live TV and those artifacts occur, they are gone in the same scene when stepping back (for example 15 seconds) in timeshift buffer. Strange isn't it?

Next time it happens with Live TV, try pausing it for a second or two (to allow data to be buffered in the timeshift file(s)) - does that fix it ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Snoopy87

But as said, there are people who having this issue without using MDAPI Plus and also there are people how are using MDAPI Plus having this issue with MP but not, if they use XMBC.
    There are few people other than yourself, driver140771 and Mister Bean who have commented or posted logs in this thread.

Owlsroost already said:
    Your problem is different to driver140771's problem.

Further, Mister Bean reported
    • his problem went away when he disabled the MD filter in Argus
    • his problem exists for both MP and XBMC
    So the evidence presented in this thread does not match your conclusions.
    If you have proof, please provide links to reports with log files that we can actually investigate.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I already posted logs. If you need other logs, please tell me which logs you are need and what you want to see in those new logs which is not shown in my previously posted logs ;-)

I'm a C# developer since many years and I also develope commercial software since 10 years, so I know how to find bugs! I investigated a lot (!) of time to find the issue, and I also posted very detailed error reports! But no one is listening to me, because the MP team don't want to help and always tell me, that MDAPI is the issue.

I also posted that I have the same effect as Mister Bean, that the same scene has no artifacts, if I rewind the timeshift buffer. So it CAN'T be MDAPI Plus, because otherwise the timeshift/recording stream has the artifacts too.

Also there is a big difference between MDAPI filter and MDAPI Plus.

If MP 1.2 and MDAPI Plus work great, and MP 1.3 and MDAPI Plus work not great, which of those both application causing the issue? In my opionion it's very clear...

As said I'm very interested in fixing the issue, because my friend, a lot of people in the german MP forum and I can't watch TV with those issues. So just send me debug versions or what every you need to find the issue and I will send you the results ;-)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Are you able to take source and build on your own :)
    I think it will be more easy for you/us to assist you :p
    There is a wiki page to how to setup whole needed stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom