LiveTV freezes and shows a lot of artifacts (1 Viewer)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.3.0

Description
Hi,

this issue occurs since 1.3.0. This happens on two HTPC (on mine and on my friends one). We tried reinstalling the whole system with no success.
Sometimes this happens very often, sometimes we can watch 1-2 hours with no issues.
If this issue occurs, we have to switch the channel and go back, to "repair" the problem.

In the german forum there are also other users who reported this issue. As said, this happens since 1.3 Alpha or Beta.
Another user tried XBMC as Client and MediaPortal as TV Server, and there were no issues anymore, so it is a bug in the MediaPortal Client and not in the MediaPortal Server.
If I record the scenes where the artifacts occur, and play the record with MediaPortal, the issues is also visible in the record, but if I open the record file with Windows Media Player, the issue is not there! Only the audio interrupts at those frames, where MediaPortal shows those artifacts.

Video 1:
Video 2:

In the past I figured out that the issue always happens when the EPG grabber starts. For example I watch RTL HD. Then the issue begins and in the log I see, that the EPG grabber tries to get the info for "Kinowelt.TV". But with only one tuner and no setting for retrieving the EPG for the whole Transponder or for "Kinowelt.TV", I don't understand why the EPG grabber tries to get the info from a different channel while watching another channel. This also happens, if this channel is not in the list of allowed EPG channels. Also this happens if the EPG grabber is deactived. If I disable the EPG for the whole TV card (and not just for all channels) the epg grabber still starts every X minutes and logs, that it has nothing to do, but the issue still happens at this time.

Regards,
Sascha

Steps to Reproduce:
1.) Install Windows and MediaPortal 1.3
2.) Watch TV

Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Your TsReader logs i full of PES errors (those are related to your CAM):
    Code:
    23-03-2013 21:57:37.719 [11d4]PES H264 0-0-1 fail
    23-03-2013 21:57:37.739 [11d4]PES H264 0-0-1 fail
    23-03-2013 21:57:37.771 [11d4]PES H264 0-0-1 fail
    23-03-2013 21:57:37.791 [11d4]PES H264 0-0-1 fail
    23-03-2013 21:57:37.842 [11d4]PES H264 0-0-1 fail

What happens when you use the default TsReader.ax (attached it to the post) which comes with 1.3 Final?

Attachments

• TsReader.rar
      143.3 KB

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, of course this also happens with the original TSReader. I tried nostopmod70, because someone told with this version it would not occur so often. First I thought this too, but now I don't know if the issue happens less or as often as with the final version of TSReader. But the issue is NOT related to the nostopmod70 TSReader.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There are references to MDAPI in the TV log - as HomeY says there are lots of 'PES H264 0-0-1 fail' messages in the TsReader log, which normally indicates de-cryption failures - we don't provide support if MDAPI is used....

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    If I record the scenes where the artifacts occur, and play the record with MediaPortal, the issues is also visible in the record, but if I open the record file with Windows Media Player, the issue is not there! Only the audio interrupts at those frames, where MediaPortal shows those artifacts.

If you attach a TsReader log from playing one of the corrupted recordings I'll take a look, but I suspect it's just differences in the way different codecs handle the errors (WMP uses it's own codecs).

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    If you're having decryption errors with MDAPI, try disabling logging for all software involved. This fixed the 2-5 corruptions per hour I was getting whenever recording or watching encrypted channels.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I and 3 other users have the same Problem like Snoopy87 :(

I hope, we find a solution.
    Not if you're also using MDAPI.
    As stated above, @Snoopy87 is using MDAPI, which we don't support, so i'm setting this thread to 'Will not fix'.

If your (and other users) problem is NOT related to MDAPI, you can open up a new bugreport WITH logs and needed info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom